Tuesday, June 21, 2022

I Saw Her Today at the Reception

Speaking of hot, we just got back from an lovely outdoor wedding in Columbia, just with the sun beating down in our faces. My shirt was soaked. At least the reception was in the shade (above), under the oaks next to the governor’s mansion (below).

BBQ and prime rib. I skipped the shrimp but sampled the crab dip, and crab cakes with grits. I figured eating four would kill me, so I ate three.

At the reception I was messing with Phil's daughter Victoria (above middle, next to her mother Teresa in pink, framed by Ceil (left) and Zane's wife Laura (right)). When a cute guy (brother of the bride) sat down to talk to Vic (below), I snapped a photo of C and Teresa with Vic in the background to send to Anna. By the end of the conversation Anna had notified Vic. High entertainment. 

While we were getting ready to go to the wedding, my back went out again. Goes great with my sciatic nerve, and ankle sore from the yellow jacket sting. Not sure why I throw my back out. Might’ve been the hard chairs I had sat in on Friday and Saturday while working. Pain. I hate to take pain pills, but Sunday night I took one Advil. My back really hasn’t hurt since.

Drove back home on Sunday. Those trips always take so long. We didn’t have breakfast, so in Lugoff we stopped for gas, Taco Bell, and McDonalds. Then stopped in Augusta at a store for Ceil, and at Starbucks. Left Jefferson at 10:15 am and arrived at 4:30 pm. Got 36.5 MPG.

Sunday night Matthew and Ceil fixed burgers and tater tots. Finally finished watching White Collar to the end. And what an ending. Dessert was apple crisp and ice cream.

Monday: left work at 3:15 and fought traffic to the ballpark. On my mile and a half walk to the gate I fell in step with an usher, and struck up a conversation. He’d moved down from Cleveland to retire, and was in his third year working for the Braves. He told me he works down by the third base dugout. I told them our work season tickets were near there, and I would look him up the next time I had the tickets.

Lined up at the third base gate, and had a nice chat with two couples, one vacationing from Wisconsin. The others were a mother / daughter from Myrtle Beach. Went inside and stopped by the season ticket office. They had extra Austin Riley bobbleheads they were giving away. 

I texted our ticket lady at work, and she surprised me with the unused company tickets. This was like at 5:45 pm - too late to invite anyone to come to the game. I was able to secure an extra Dale Murphy bobblehead. Visited with two friends, then a third joined us in our seats, with their two young sons. Later I met up with another young dad to trade a ring for a third Murphy bobble. Good thing, as I was able to sell two of the Murphys. Later I bought a pair of Braves shorts at the team store.

Good game. Max had another good outing, getting out of a no out/runners on 1st & 2nd jam unscaived by picking the runner off first. D’Arnald homered during RaceTrac inning. Then the Braves won it in the ninth.

Coworker Crazy John has a partial season ticket to the Gwinnett Stripers, and nabbed me a black Xolos cap this past Saturday.

Tuesday: back to the gym to lift weights. A new low weight this morning (by ounces). Gotta get in shape and lose weight.

Denison: only 2% of Americans trust the federal government to do what is right "just about always." Another 19% trust the government "most of the time." In 1958, by contrast, about three-quarters of Americans trusted the federal government to do the right thing almost always or most of the time.

https://www.denisonforum.org/daily-article/a-federal-gas-tax-holiday-and-the-collapse-of-israels-government-the-path-to-transformational-trust/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=A+federal+gas+tax+holiday%3F&utm_campaign=06-21-22+A+federal+gas+tax+holiday+and+the+collapse+of+Israel+s+government

JOHN McGRAW  [SABR Bio] owns the highest single-season batting average among third basemen. In 1899, he hit .391 for NL Orioles. He trails only Ted Williams and Babe Ruth in career on-base percentage (.466). Williams = .482, Ruth = .474. McGraw once purposely fouled off 26 straight pitches in a spring training game.

Monday’s Braves game turned into quite the unexpected bonanza. The two bobbles I sold paid for my ticket and shorts, plus I came out with $30 in my pocket.

Value..Paid

80.00 19.00 ticket

20.00 00.00 parking

80.00 00.00 three Murphy bobbles

60.00 00.00 Riley bobble

72.00 32.00 Braves shorts

02.00 00.00 coke zero  

314.0 51.00 total

No comments: