Friday, May 19, 2023

My Friday

I was kinda worn out yesterday afternoon. Worked until 5:30. Had a productive evening. Got home and cut the grass. Folded some clothes. Cleaned off the table.

Supper has a delicious pork tenderloin, a baked potato dish, and broccoli.

A two episode Young Sheldon season finale. With a tornado approaching Missy and her dad got out of their car and laid down in a ditch. I thought this might be when George dies, but they survived. The car was flipped. Memaw’s house was destroyed. Started watching the Todd season finale, but had to get air in Ceil’s car. Also gassed it up.

Though chilly and cloudy I drove down and played an early round of golf this morning. Was able to tee off at 6:27 and could’ve gone off five minutes earlier had I been able. Did okay.

1. Great tee shot for me. Straight and long. Six iron was low but skipped up the hill over the bunker to the left fringe. I was putting for birdie! Came close and sunk the par putt.

2. Made a nice easy swing with my hybrid off the tee, and hit it to the fringe. Chipped it close and sank my second straight par putt.

3. Flubbed two 7 irons then hit a great shot, that rolled to the back of the green. Again my long birdie putt rolled close, and I sunk my third straight “par” putt.

4. Decent distance on my tee shot, though it faded left. Okay chip. Missed the par putt. Bogey.

5. Decent distance on my hybrid, with a little draw to boot. Two okay chips. Long par putt rolled close. Bogey. Never been two over after five holes before.

6. Decent drive off tee. Hit my five iron long but left. Seven iron to the fringe. Okay chip. Two putt. Double.

7. Hit two drives. Both sliced left. Hit two recovery shots, the second better than the first. My approach rolled to the fringe. Three putt. “Double”.

8. Pretty good drive off tee. Nice to be able to hit a wedge for my second shot. It stuck on the green. Two putt. An unprecedented fourth par.

9. Hit a 3 wood low, so on the uphill it didn’t roll as far as I would've liked. Attempted several chips, none that good. Call it a "double", but still my best round ever. I'll probably suck tomorrow.

Boss brought apple fritters to work this morning. So did Jessica. Our other two team members were working from home, so they missed out. 

Looked up Friday to find the PGA Championship on the office TV’s.

Boss kicked his feet up. Mixed me another smoothie. Marty, Daniel, and I attended a churn meeting.

Passed my training session on Asian American Month.

BBQ chicken for supper.

Why the Steelers turned down Darnell Washington’s request to wear “number” zero – they stick to the traditional old school numbering system. Good for them.

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-wouldnt-give-darnell-washington-no-0/ 

TONY OLIVA  [SABR Bio] had a season with more than 100 runs, more than 200 hits, a batting average higher than .320, and more than 350 total bases - but was not a unanimous Rookie of the Year. In 1964 his 109 runs, 43 double, and .323 average led the AL. His 217 hits and 374 total bases led the majors. Except the batting average, all were career highs. In that year’s AL ROY polling, Baltimore pitcher Wally Bunker received one vote. Oliva received enough AL MVP votes to finish fourth. He was the first designated hitter to hit a home run. On 06-Apr-1973 Oliva homered off future Hall of Famer Catfish Hunter in the first inning, on Opening Day in Oakland. Oliva was the first Twin to total 300 doubles. He led the AL in doubles four times and reached 300 in 1973.  His Twins total of 329 trails only Joe Mauer (428) and Kirby Puckett (414).

No comments: