Sunday, January 28, 2024

BravesFest

Yesterday I woke up sick. Achy all over. But it was the morning of the Braves Foundation sale, and I didn't want to miss it. Got to the ballpark over 30 minutes early and there was already a long line. Happened to get in line right next to my friend Chris, so we had a nice chat. 
When the gates opened I went straight to the sale in the Chophouse. It quickly became wall to wall people. Will wanted a jersey, and I found him a #48 Ralph Garr jersey. I was looking for shorts and socks, and I found both: a pair of City Connect 715 shorts, and a pair of Stance high-rise feather socks that I'd wanted for years. Kinda like the dog that catches the car: now what do I do with them. 
Couldn't find my size in a few other items. Passed on a blue leather belt. Should've bought a pair of compression shorts, but forgot. Long line to check out. Saw coworker Ginger.

Walked over to the Clubhouse Store, but there were no deals to be had. Then next door to the Roxy Theater where there were snacks for season ticket holders. Also a free Hank Aaron bobblehead. 

I walked back to my car to drop off my bag, then went back for another bobblehead. I could've gone back for a third and fourth bobblehead, but was already worn out. Drove across Cobb Parkway to Steak & Shake, but their milkshake machine wasn't working. Picked up a prescription and stopped by the bank. 

Got home and Ceil was ready to get to work. Great. I felt terrible. Helped as best I could, but snuck away for several rest breaks and catnaps. 

We had a 6 pm reservation at Grana, a fancy Italian restaurant. There's a location on Piedmont. I ordered a meat pizza that was pretty good, but I only ate two slices. Stopped by Whole Foods on the way home.
Ceil turned on a Hallmark Channel movie, but I just crashed on the couch. Slept until almost 10 am this morning. Took out the dogs and fed them, then crashed on the couch again. Still feel pretty bad.

Friday I worked until almost six. The days that should be the easiest always seem to be the most frustrating.

No comments: