Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Not So Fast

An Alabama defensive back from Buford GA has transferred to UGA. He wore #21 at Bama, so on his transfer announcement posted a picture of himself wearing a #21 UGA jersey. I reminded him that UGA retired #21 for Frank Sinkwich. He quickly changed the photo to #22.

The Falcons have interviewed both Belichick and Harbaugh. We’ll see if they can land either of the big fish. They’ve interviewed several other candidates as well. I think the last three head coaches the Falcons hired were first time head coaches. None of them worked out. I’m not a fan of hiring a big fish, but perhaps it is time. Anyone but Belichick.

Someone recently was talking about great coaches, and they only listed coaches from the last ten years. I suggested Lombardi Shula, George Halas, and Landry. Also Bear Bryant, Bobby Dodd, Vince Dooley, Knute Rockne, etc.  I used to think Butts County GA was named in honor of Wally Butts.

I loved how back in the 60’s the Packers would use linemen like Forrest Gregg on the kickoff coverage team. Herb Adderly or Jerry Kramer would kick off. Kramer or Hornung would kick field goals. The Lions DB Lem Barney was also the punter, as was Yale Lary before him. The Rams had a WR that punted. The Bills lineman Paul Maguire punted. When the Falcons had injuries in their defensive backfield, punter Billy Lothridge filled in.

Houston Texans QB CJ Stroud should be rookie of the year. Can’t remember if I heard his story back at the Heisman presentation in late 2022. Pretty sure the last three Bama QB’s are also Christians: Tua T at Miami, Jalen Hurts for the Eagles, and Bryce Young for the Panthers. Also former UGA QB Jake Fromm and Jaguars QB Trevor Lawrence.

ZACK GREINKE [B-R Bio] was the first post-designated hitter pitcher to hit a home run for the Royals, on 10-Jun-2005 5th inning. When he was first called up to the Big Leagues, he asked his AAA manager if he could be sent down instead to become a shortstop. His manager said, “No, this is the big leagues, It’s your dream!  Greinke calmly replied, “Oh, ok.” More here. Since pitch counts have been officially tracked, he is one of only four pitchers to throw fewer than five pitches to start a game and get a loss. Greinke started and threw just 4 pitches while taking the loss on 07-July-2012. The other three: Jamie McAndrew (4 pitches 28-Aug-1995), Tyson Ross (4 pitches 19-May-2011), and Pablo Lopez (one pitch 2-July-2021). Pitch counts have been fully recorded since 1990.

I saw all the snow in Memphis. Not sure the status of our sales meeting in Nashville. Coworker had driven to Michigan this weekend, and may be stuck. Gonna be cold for the next few days.

Monday night I was following both the Grizz and the Hawks. With all the different uniform that NBA teams wear, it’s hard to tell who is playing when you turn on a game. Last night the Hawks were wearing navy with light blue trim. Looked like the Grizzlies. Sometimes the home team wears white, sometimes a dark color. I was watching Grizzlies highlights and had to think which team was which.

Monday night I worked past 6 pm again. Ceil had fixed chicken salad, so I made a sandwich. She also roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, and onions. Watched Steelers@Bills and Eagles@Buccaneers. Not a good day for the state of Pennsylvania.

Was kinda surprised about the rain on Tuesday morning. It hadn’t been in the forecast I had seen. I turned on WSB. Lifted weights at the gym. Stopped by RaceTrac for gas and a coke.

Man it is cold. Left work slightly early (545). When I got home I left on my jacket and cap and cleaned out the garage to I could park inside. Supper was Mexican. C watched a Hallmark movie and I played on my laptop.

12 degrees. This morning I ran at the gym. Wore jeans to maybe help keep warm.

This weekend Ceil is going to a baby shower for Margaret Hurt. Will be too cold to play golf, so I plan on having a restful weekend. I just bought a new Titleist golf bag, so I need to load all my clubs and balls and stuff into it.

I am retiring on January 31, 2027 – write it down.

My two new monitors at work are both the size of a 24” TV. Plus I use my new laptop as my third monitor. My new laptop runs faster than my old laptop. But for the life of me, I cannot see my little mouse moving around. Today I just changed my email in box to a black background with white letters, so I can see better. Here at work you can tell who reads their work emails on their phone. Lots of misunderstandings and things that are missed. When I retire I am going to have to have a laptop or desktop setup at the house.

Article: tiny changes that can transform your life.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2024/jan/01/100-tiny-changes-to-transform-your-life-from-the-one-minute-rule-to-pyjama-yoga__;!!AE29DT8V!RpqyyNe4qWn-y-JwyV-v_mtFpmIzaWAMCvOysZaIAgGCLHI7Rnce9aqXQnz1JXP_NazYX2qgPrptEDtKRGU$

No comments: