Wednesday, October 19, 2005

too busy

Know what you mean about people being ‘busy’. When we worked on Charlotte’s room, I made it a point to go regardless of other stuff. I knew/hoped we’d probably be doing the same thing at my house. I’m sorry it didn’t work out with the Freund’s house. It was great when so many people chipped in with the Norman’s house.

I have a friend that used to take me to Hawks games (he no longer has season tickets). He’s always had money, but he’s not afraid to use it for good purposes, as well as give of his time. He’s not the big leader type, but he married an organizational genius, and she does great giving of her time for good causes, and organizing others to join in. Come to think of it, lately they’ve been getting in small groups, and when their group gets to the point where people aren’t doing stuff, she’s ready to drop out.

After the work day at my house, Chris hung around with his chainsaw and cut down some small trees in the back. Then we went down near the creek and he tried to cut down this huge, dead tree. I noticed on Sunday that it had just fallen down…exactly where it needed to fall, away from the house, across the creek.

It would be unbelievable if Leo got away…seems like JS counting on Leo to hang around, figuring he’d get the last look to match any Yankee offer. But I also hear Leo’s good buddy just was named Oriole manager, so that’s another chip for Leo to play. I see where Pendleton withdrew his name from the LA job. Joe Girardi has interviewed in Miami and Tampa. He played for both teams, right? Unbelievable he’s a candidate, just because he’s so young. Forgot he took Zimmer’s place on the Yankee bench.

Been working on a spreadsheet…researched the info last night. Over the last ten years, only the Yankees have been to the Series more than the Braves, and only two other NL teams have won the Series. Gotta find more playoff info for the last few years. When did the wild card start? I’ll probably extend it to 1991, or as long as the Braves still have the best stats.

No comments: