Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Friday July 28th

Good AJC article on Jenny. Ceil had been with Leah Wednesday at the Trail. Leah was quoted in the article. Ceil and I were at the Ewings yesterday when Jimmy was wrestling with being interviewed by the AJC…they finally decided on the email format.

Ceil is still taking all this pretty hard. I had forgotten that there were grim details in the paper yesterday, and Ceil read it. After we left the Ewings we ate at Longhorn. She wanted her favorite food…steak and baked potato. Will and Anna were at their regular Wednesday night whiffleball game, Matthew was with us.

We’ve been covered with support, which has been great for Ceil. She was on the phone all day yesterday, and two friends came to visit…one with lunch. At one point we had 18 messages. Last night I called two of her friends who we knew hadn’t heard to fill them in, before giving the phone to Ceil.

Ceil and Becky had missed each other’s calls yesterday before connecting last night…sounds like Becky is doing about like Ceil. This afternoon they’re going to get water and paper plates for the Ewings…they have plenty of food. I’ll probably go home soon, but with month end, I have work to get done sometime.

Ceil’s parents may come tomorrow, and our small group moved up the meeting a week to tonight. Great that they found the guy…quite unfortunate all the circumstances.

Our kids went off with friends this afternoon, and Ceil is with her friends, so I stayed at work. My coworkers probably wish I’d leave, because when a repetitive mistake was discovered today, I made it a huge deal…hopefully so it won’t happen again.

The last few days I too had been thinking about the degrees of separation thing, as well as the randomness. Makes me remember all the other stories on the front page effect a similar amount of people…like the helicopter crash.

Somehow the verse fits in about God not letting anything happen you can’t handle. The Ewings are much stronger than the Murphys. That verse also means I won’t win the lottery!

This afternoon I emailed the two guys I know on staff at Buckhead church, with my recent funeral story…the guys shouting at the end of it. In case the guy attends high profile funerals to “preach”. It’s being forwarded to the facilities director.

I won’t be going to the Braves game Saturday, nor will I go to the lake with Will, which had also been an option. Will and Anna are going on separate overnight trips to N.Ga lakes.

No comments: