Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Last Few Days

I've hated icy weather ever since I ran into the back of a Pinto in college, trying to drive back to Atlanta from Athens in 5" of snow. Never should've tried it. Not looking forward to tomorrow either. Perhaps the bad stuff will stay north of my route.

Will's first baseball practice was Saturday. He then practiced with another team. I will be spending a lot of time working on his team, sending emails and stuff. Matthew got the coach we wanted. That night I took Will to a youth activity and we had our small group...which is about to embark on a heavy-duty 16 week Bible Study/Marriage Workshop.

Friday night we went to IKEA and the Varsity. Sunday after church I ran errands and worked around the house, so I guess I was on the go all weekend. Did see Tiger and Charles Howell III on the back nine, some good competition. Saw the very end of the Thrashers heartbreaking loss and the Tech game. A guy I know sings in a quartet - Danny Morris. GT season ticketholder, football and basketball. They sang the national anthem yesterday at the Tech game.

Kept hoping Tech would make a move on Wake, but they never did. In earlier games this season, including Sunday against VT, didn't GT have names on the backs of their jerseys? Last night they didn't...perhaps a move by Hewitt. I like the idea, even though it didn't work.

Going to Houston the week of Feb 19th. The Rockets are in town the 21st...against the Heat. Probably a tough ticket.

The Coleys are thinking about moving. Susan was out looking at houses yesterday, with Houston and Haviland...while Bryan was out at the Sundance Film Festival. Their main concern is that their current house is falling apart.

No comments: