Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Orlando Recap

Got to Orlando too late Sunday to go the only home Magic game, against the Celtics. Monday night I watched the BCS championship, and Wednesday and Thursday night I went out to eat with my old boss. I worked every day til six.

Watched a couple of movies…Wedding Crashers and Jersey Girl. I started to watch The Producers, but disliked it so that I changed the channel. There actually wasn’t much to watch on TV. Caught the second half of the GT win over Duke. Every year there’s one game that captures my attention, then after that I’ll watch basketball the rest of the season…that GT game was it. That’s about all I did, besides catch up on a bunch of stuff that had piled up since before Christmas, and iron the five outfits I had taken with me twice…once to wear down there, and a second time to have up here.

Did some research on AirTran and promise to have it booked by the end of the week.

Made it home from Orlando in time for small group. Will had baseball practice on Saturday and Sunday with the travel team he is a “fill-in” player for…the coach says he’ll want Will to play as much as possible. Supposedly Will can’t “move up” to play on the Colt League team, which hacks me off. Others want to move up as well, and they can’t let everyone. Which means next year we may look harder at alternatives.

Late Friday Ceil discovered that Anna has head lice, so the rest of the weekend was spent throwing everything in the washer/dryer. This after Ceil spent the week washing everything Matthew messed up while he was sick during the week. Ceil and I have a meeting at Will’s Living Science school tomorrow night, and tonight I have to help Will on another paper. Then Wednesday I leave for Bham for 2 days, so I’ll never catch up on my rest. Didn’t get much rest this weekend or last week in Orlando.

A couple came to our group to tell us about Intimate Encounters…said it was a lot of work, and you can’t miss…or your help back til you catch up. Eight straight weeks, then a break, then eight more. We’ll see if we go ahead and do it. I talked to the guy for a while and it came up he’s been to the Braves Fantasy camp four times…knows Clint Hurdle and plays golf with Tom Pachorick. Were it me I’d go to four different team’s camp…not that much into that these days, but it was fun.

Interesting that Gailey has been so popular on the interview circuit. If he doesn’t land a job his popularity at GT won’t be helped.

Uni-Watch had a copy of the Braves new BP caps…similar to several teams, including the Yankees. His ESPN.com column ranked Atlanta next-to-last in cities with the best uniforms…though he had the Braves above average, they were no better than the Rays!
…the Falcons unis of course drove down the ranking.
…the Hawks uni is unremarkable…average to me. They’d look better if they’d win. No extra credit for throwbacks.
…I think the Thrashers are ok, but I’m sure Uni-Watch only ranked the original six teams high.
…some cities got extra credit for quaint ballparks. The Ted wasn’t mentioned, but points were taken away for the Dome.
I would’ve ranked them higher…more national media bias!

No comments: