Friday, January 26, 2007

Week of January 15th

Practicing over the winter has helped Will keep his form, so his hitting has been good. Looks like he’ll play some games with this competitive team, as well as another team made up of boys he played with last fall. Henry isn’t coaching that team, but if Ceil lets me coach with some other friends, then Will won’t have to pitch and catch all the time, but still hit near the top of the order.

Found out about the LaRoche trade late Wednesday. You'd think they might've kept LaRoche if they thought Andruw would be leaving town after this year. I had shut down my laptop, but when I heard I fired it up again, and checked AJC.com's Dave O'Brien's blog. I had already read his ranking of the ballparks, which was interesting. Guess Craig Wilson now figures in the mix.

My time in Bham was used well...training the entire office and several plant workers in several small group sessions the last two days...but my voice had gotten scratchier and scratchier after the Orlando week, and the last two days I was just plain hoarse. I have a lot to do Friday, including two probable meetings, though now I'm starting not to feel so great. Just in time for the weekend.

Booked the SF trip Wednesday night...earliest available was Aug 9 - 13, and Ceil didn't freak out about it being so close to the start of school. Her only comment was that it wasn't that long. May call today to see if we can leave a day or two earlier, which it appears I can without an extra charge.

Tuesday night I went to a meeting at Will's school regarding the April Jekyll Island trip, which our entire family will go on. The next day we ate Chinese in Bham, and my fortune cookie said I deserved a vacation.

The temp we've had since last May is being cut out, so some of the stuff she'd been doing for me will be back in my lap. She did a good job, better than most temps, but had too many rough edges for them to hire, I guess.

Got back into town late Thursday night, knowing I had to get the boys registered for baseball, as the letter said the deadline was the 18th. Got to the MP Sports web site around 11:20 and saw the deadline was 11:30. Got Matthew registered for Pinto National, then noticed there was a waiting list for Pony. I was signing Will up, and during his registration checked the volunteer box. By this time it was right at 11:30. It never took me to the “pay” screen…perhaps because there was a waiting list? Got a confirming email for Matthew, as well as a confirming email for me volunteering, but never got a confirming email about Will being on a waiting list. (outcome: since they were considering me the coach, they let him on the team, with 14 other boys).

No comments: