Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Welcome Missy...Reader Number Four!

I have a yahoo email address for entering contests...it is linked to this blog. Earlier while deleting emails I came across one that looked very much like a junk email, but the subject was "ummm...is it really you?" The sender's proper name was vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place it. Normally I don't, but I opened the email, it said she'd stumbled across my blog, and hoped me and Ceil were going well. The sender was the assistant attorney general in Saipan. In her Oceana blog melissasimms.blogspot.com she called herself a 33-year old overworked attorney. Even the photo wasn't ringing a bell. Read the blog and found another photo...I knew her as Missy, a contemporary of Lang's. I had missed the 'Missy' in her email.

This is my blog…mainly a collection of the emails I write. With three kids it’s hard to find time to sit down and write something coherent! If you try hard you can get a picture of our family life from reading the blog. I even posted a “Christmas Letter” recapping last year. Every now and then I’ll even post a picture. Now I have four readers…also counting the CPA, Lang, and Paul.

Ceil is doing well, enjoying the craziness of teaching our three at home. We rarely see much of the old gang, but most days I do swap emails with Reid Whitaker. Globe-trotting Lang writes occasionally, and I did hear from Claire this week. Every now and then we hear from Dave and Caroline McKeithen, who live in Florida. We rarely see David & Mary Hurt, but we’re attending their annual Super Bowl party. Bob & Myra Marsh will be there. Ceil keeps up with Becky Norman, whose boys attend science classes with our 13-year old.

Not long ago we uncovered an old Camp SPdL Talent Show VHS tape. Our kids loved it as much as we did!

No comments: