Thursday, June 14, 2007

Pre-Weekend

Pre Weekend...Ceil wants me to do something with Matthew, since he's been kinda neglected lately, I guess...going through a rough spell. I've been trying to get out in the driveway with him as much as possible. All the kids and sometimes Ceil play "baseball" with a tennis ball and racket. Perhaps we can go to the Braves game.

No tourney game in Ellijay tonight, and the games up there tomorrow are at 1:45 and 3:30. The Sunday games start at 10:45, but depending on seeding, the first game could be 12:30 or 2:15, with the final game at 4 pm. They sure don't have a long time limit. One of the better hitters is hurt, and one of the best pitchers won't be there tomorrow. I have no idea how Will's coach decides who pitches, though he's spread it out pretty even. Guess he's trying to give the weaker pitchers as much experience as possible, to better ready them for these tourneys,when lots of arms are needed. It would be great if they could save Will for Sunday, but I don't know if that's possible.

Last night picking up Will at his pool party, my friend Lee picked up a young lad and was about to throw him in the pool when my friend Lee was pushed in the pool. Later I tried to push Will’s friend/teammate Andrew, but he was wet and shirtless, and therefore slippery. I quickly gave up, so I wouldn’t be pushed in. Andrew’s dad David showed up and tried to throw another dad Jeff in, but gave up, not wanting to be thrown in himself. Next week I’ll get Ceil to pick Will up.

Got to work hard...a project I've been putting off is due.

No comments: