Monday, August 27, 2007

One With Nature

In the 13 years we’ve lived in our house, the creek in the backyard had never been dry…until the last few days. Saturday I went down to clean our any junk/branches, etc, and found dozens of fresh-water clam shells in the creek bed. Also saw a small fish swimming around in a section that still had water.

Interesting about the release of Wickman...guess it was negative posts from last Thursday.

Orlando was ok…they thought we accomplished a lot. Good to talk to my old boss. Also ate with the Florida GM again, who’s flying me down for the GT / Miami game.

Now that school has actually started, Ceil is beginning to feel a little better / less stressed about everything. Will is at his Living Science school from ten this morning til seven tonight, though he has several off periods.

Will’s baseball coach, the whiffleball guy, has me helping out with organizational stuff…tomorrow we go to the meeting to make up the schedule. That’s good, because Will has more other commitments than ever. I did the uniform numbers, so Will got his usual five. As usual, there are several decent dad/coaches helping out…they just don’t spend much time on hitting and pitching. Then Saturday afternoon Will went to tryout for a spring team, and same thing…lots of fielding and throwing, but little hitting/pitching. I’m not a great BP pitcher, but I’ll start taking my bucket so they can get some swings.

Finally finished the SF recap and posted it to the blog…haven’t emailed it to anyone yet. Ceil put all the pictures on her PC and I’ve just got a few…having a problem emailing them from her PC, or loading them from her PC to the blog.

No comments: