Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tuesday Stuff

Monday must be the Braves night to hit. Nice that Cormier got the lead and didn’t have to worry about baserunners.

There’s a Murphy playing SS for Oakland, I saw him PH in Houston. Now I see a Murphy playing for Texas…I’ll have to look him up. Also need to get an update on the Red Sox David Murphy.

Still plenty of stuff going on at home and work. I was thinking I might not make it to another Braves game this year…both Will and I have only been to two apiece. But Matthew hasn’t been this year, so I’ll have to make sure he gets out to a game…to keep up his ‘streak’. I’ll check the teams coming in to see if there’s a team he hasn’t yet seen. We’ll see.

See in today’s AJC living section a lawyer wrote a baseball book…he’ll be at the Decatur Book Fair.

Was just confirmed as a chaperon on Will’s five day senior high Science trip in October…probably to Florida. The spring trip to Jekyll is for middle schoolers, so we won’t go next spring. But it’s conceivable we’d be going for several years after that with Anna. Will would also be going back to Jekyll as a leader in 2009, 2010, and 2011. The Hurt girls are taking classes at this school this year…I hear the Hurts are selling their house near Mt. Vernon Baptist and are moving out towards Woodstock/Alpharetta, to be closer to the girls’ school/activities.

With these new people handling the day to day affairs of the two big accounts I work on, due to the June reorganization, problems continue to arise. Today one item had four individual problems, and we had another problem that effected eight other items. In late September ‘we’re’ taking a physical inventory of the parts at the multiple locations. No big deal for me, though it’ll be a lot of work. We’ll gain on some and lose on others…it’ll be great to get inventory correct, though many will stress out at the results. The Ogre may want to write off 700,000 excess pounds ($200,000.00)…luckily I’ve got variance dollars that can offset this hit.

No comments: