Thursday, August 23, 2007

Shoes

In college I mostly wore court shoes, because we played a lot of basketball (though not in high school, because not many white kids did…though my sister played on the varsity team). Had several pair of leather high-tops in the late 80s/early 90s…Reeboks and Nikes…still have some. Seems like I switched to running shoes in the early 90s…I can be on my feet longer without getting as tired in the running shoes. High-tops are good for the ankle support…I like to wear my old pair when I’m working in the woods or on a ladder…could’ve used them camping. The other dad was wearing basketball shoes. He said he still plays several times a week…at the Y, I think.

Will has always preferred running shoes for some reason, though you’d think as active as he is that he’d like court shoes better. I got him a nice pair of Nike high-tops back in January…they were on the big side, and he says he’s saving them for this next basketball season. I’ll wear my more bizarre shoes to the movies…I have some yellow Reeboks I bought at Just 4 Feet I’ll wear as houseshoes, because they slip on and are warm…my feet get cold in regular houseshoes because there’s not much of a sole. I digress. I also like plain shoes, but I like grey better than white, usually with navy trim. I’ve been looking for the perfect pair of red or red-trimmed shoes, though I’d never wear them much.

Before I forget, I have this link in my favorites that I happened to check a day or two ago, because I forgot what it was. The guy is crazy about getting baseballs at games, and writes books and a blog about it. But note the recent posts and pictures on how crowded the outfield bleachers got when ARod was coming to bat, sitting on 499… www.snaggingbaseballs.mlblogs.com He is off about it being easy to average 15 wins over 20 seasons…not an easy feat, or more than 23 pitchers would’ve done it.

Ceil came across this storefront called something like “Beans” near the new Target at JF & Upper Roswell, down from the Starbucks, Pool Supply, and Used Bookstore. They make fancy meals you can take home and cook…supposedly owned & run by Amy.

Good Seinfeld about scalping opera tickets and the crazed clown, and Letterman had a Top Ten about blog titles. The van was in the shop because the emissions failed, and the Civic is making a bad noise, so it’s next. First problem I’ve had with it. Matthew exhibited decent fishing skills, casting the $12.00 rod & reel I got him at Wal-Mart. Perhaps he and Will will start fishing in a nearby pond.

No comments: