Saturday, August 18, 2007

Soggy Camping Weekend

Decided to go camping at the last minute with the boys, Matthew’s baseball coach, and his sons…just came up. Not my cup of tea, but Matthew was excited. Drove up to Amicalola Falls Friday afternoon and pitched our tents, and we could still we the sun as we finished up fishing. But driving back up the mountain it started to sprinkle, and that turned into a full fledged downpour. We drove over to the Lodge and ate dinner there, though we didn’t have the Friday night seafood buffet. We found our tents to be too wet, so after we roasted marshmallows on a fire we left for home at 11:15. Will and Matthew spent the night at their friends’ house, but I went home.

Saturday morning we drove back to the campsite and cooked breakfast, then took down the tents. Matthew and the younger boys enjoyed running through the woods and playing in the creek. Then we drove to the Lodge to see the end of a snake show, then played football in a field. It was hot, and early on I fell on my side trying to make a tackle. My elbow slammed into my side, bruising my ribs pretty good. It hurt bad yesterday, but today it’s starting to feel a little better.

The kids played whiffleball games Saturday and Sunday nights…the Norman boys played as well. There were over 40 kids and parents there last night. I watched and listened to a lot of the Mets game last night…nice for Glavine to have his moment in the sun, though right now we need the Mets to lose every game possible.

Saturday night I started sneezing…the hot/cold thing. The sneezing was painful with the hurt rib, and NP is usually so cold (I always wear socks and long sleeves), so yesterday I didn’t go, though everyone else did. I usually watch TV while folding clothes, but there wasn’t much on except Sunday morning ESPN…SportsCenter and Between the Lines stuff.

Will and Ceil came home with new Volunteer T-shirts, so I guess we’re staying at NP for a while. All the families in our small group seem to have taken vacations all on different consecutive weeks…one week we were gone, the next week another family, then the next 2 weeks another family…for at least 8 straight weeks, it seems.

1 comment:

coni said...

son unos reloooooooooos