Monday, March 03, 2008

Last Tuesday

Drove the kids to school today in downtown Alpharetta, then crossed over 400 on that little bridge north of Old Milton, around 9 am. Saw all the cars lined up to exit on Windward…

My temp wasn’t the best in the world, had a lot of issues, but seemed to need the job. Yesterday she said she had some sort of class on Thursday afternoons, and I said she could make up the time at lunch and stuff. I went ahead and told her I was only going to be able to keep her for a month. Later I returned from a meeting to find she had left early, and didn’t show up today. Monday I’ll get a new temp, since I don’t have time to train one this week, with month end.

I am moving over to the corporate building, which could be an answer to prayer. I’ll be visible to more people, and I should be able to slip out easier to afternoon games. My boss is throwing more stuff my way, which is great, but he doesn’t understand that things like that will be harder for him and the rest of the office when I’m off-site. My co-workers seem disappointed, and the office where I’m going is happy to have me, which is all nice. Think I’ll finish packing tonight, and start over there tomorrow. My boss also seems set on moving me into his cost-center, as opposed to leaving me as a corporate employee…which wouldn’t be good for him. I’m preparing my justification for a raise. Yesterday he commented that I was “well-compensated”…an opinion I didn’t necessarily agree with.

Need to let Will read where DOB blogged about Tex, where Tex laughed about the young guys like Frenchy who pull everything. Good comments by Chipper about ‘lose an Andruw, gain an Andruw.’ Hopefully JF will continue to listen to Chipper, Pendleton, etc. Diaz will spray the ball, as will Kelly and McCann…Yunel as well, right?

Supposedly Will’s travel team got blown out Monday in the scrimmage that Will missed. They gave up 12 walks to a better team. If the team is so good, why don’t they swing the bat? It was the team Will struck out the 11 batters…so maybe they’re not that good.

No comments: