Thursday, May 01, 2008

Thursday

Wild about Smoltz, now Hampton hurting again…though Hampton’s earlier comments did not inspire much hope.

Will got sick, coughing etc…hadn’t slept much the last 2 nights. Yesterday’s doubleheader was against arch-rival Crown, who fared better in last week’s tourney. Will played well but his Lions didn’t, losing both games. He said he had “a few” singles. Got home after 5 pm to take a shower, before returning back to Sandy Plains Harrison Park for the Wildcats game.

They only had nine again, against a great Milton team. I was running late because of month end. In the first Will went back on a pop into short left-center, and made a sliding catch just before colliding with Audie, the center-fielder. Will limped badly the rest of the game. With the bases loaded, the hard-throwing pitcher hit Will near the shoulder, so he was in poor shape. He made a two-out diving catch of a line drive at short to end a rally, and drove in a run with a deep sac fly.

The Wildcats were ahead 4 – 2 with two out, bases-loaded and nearing the time limit, before this really big “14-year old” hit a grand slam to win the game. Will went to bed when we got home, bypassing American Idol, and didn’t emerge until after 10 this morning. Luckily today’s doubleheader was cancelled.

Because I’ve been working so hard (but really because my boss wants to butter me up to give me more work), I get to take Ceil out for a nice dinner. I know she’ll want to go to Canoe.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

If you go to Canoe, you should pop over and see my folks... they'd love to see you!

David said...

You are correct! Whenever we go there I think about the Simms house. But we wound up hitting Nuevo Laredo Cantina instead.