Monday, May 12, 2008

A Long Saturday

Saturday: Up at 5:30 to take Will to his ride to Tenneessee, then back home to clean up a bit.

Anna had a doubleheader dance recital, but most of her dances were in the afternoon show.

Matthew walked and scored twice, once walking with the bags full. I made a fool out of myself, hollering that a member of the gung-ho Devil Rays missed third. Tracy actually appealed it, but Jay signalled safe. I gave my umpire friend a hard time. After the third out was recorded on the next pitch, he confessed he was watching runers touch home. I confessed that the third-baseman had been been standing on the base, blocking the runner's path.

M & I stopped by Chick-fil-A with my parents. I was able to stay for the entire 2 pm recital, which was above average. Suuny F also did a fine job in several dances, but I didn't see her parents.

Afterwards I slipped out and ran back up to downtown Woodstock to retreive Will. They finally won, besting a team from Chattanooga. Josiah, Isaac, and David chided Will, and all the boys had napped on the return trip. Thinking Ceil would bring her parents, I husted Will over to his Wildcats game, despite his begrudgement.

After losing game one, Will arrived during the second inning of game two. They promptly batted around. Angry, Will drove the first pitch over the shortstop's head. The hit bounded through the gap to the wall in left-center, and Will cruised around to third...driving in the two base-runners. He plated short one inning and caught the next, tagging out a runner at the plate for the third out...preserving a ten-run lead, thus ending the game.

We again ate at O'Charley's, and a waiter remembered our group from the previous night. I napped in the car while the others shopped Target.

No comments: