Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thursday

I'm not as good a father as I had hoped to be, being involved in their lives. The older they get, the dynamic continues to change. Will loves the interaction…I need to play more basketball with him. We played Monday night…I blocked one of his shots.

Bryan told of the couple in his old group that got divorced after they split up. We were in a group in the late 90’s where the couple split up…the wife moved to Seattle to marry a guy she met on line, but that’s not what broke them up. I did lose it Sunday…basically because of our finances. I always take it out on Ceil and Will.

Another win at the Ted tonight would be great, but 3 in a row is great.

Matthew’s team hung tough, without their best player Phillip, who reminds me of Maddux in comportment. Lost 9 – 6. Matthew’s second AB was against the good pitcher Sid, who had earlier struck out a good batter by changing speeds. I got Ceil to tell M that he could hit him, because he threw strikes. M swung at the first pitch and hit a blooper…right into the pitcher’s glove. The runner on first broke for second, creating an easy DP. But it proved my point…M can hit when he wants to.

Right after the game I dodged construction, driving to Roswell for Will’s game. They only had nine, as one player just quit, and Ritchie was punched out in school...got stitches. Then Chris had to play lefty with a hurt hand…he batted last and walked and got a hit through the hole into RF. In RF he made a catch, and caught grounders barehanded. SS Audie was spiked on the hand, breaking his thumb. He played the rest of the game in CF, making one long running catch, and chased another down at the fence, hit relay man SS Howie, who threw home to Will to get the runner scoring from first.

Will ripped one line drive and later scored, and threw out a base stealer by several steps. He was 1 – 3, but it was a tough team. Had several good blocks at the plate, and almost made another tag on a close play.

No comments: