Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday

Matthew called to ask me if Sea World/Disney World was near where we going in Florida. I told him no, but they probably have stuff nearby. He wasn’t excited about the outlet mall when I told him about that!

Matthew’s team scored the 5 run limit in the top of the first, and help a good Braves team to four. Then the Braves turned a lucky outfield catch into a DP, holding the Rockies scoreless in the second. Against an easy pitcher Matthew grounded the first pitch past the pitcher, but the 2B threw him out by a step. The Braves tied the game, then everyone was sent home just before the tornado warning sirens sounded.

I totally agree we did good letting Andruw go…as do thousands of LA fans who have figured out they got a bad deal. At least its only a short contract. But you are right, there are lots of Braves fans who wish we still had him. As for Joey Devine, sometimes a guy just needs a new start. Hopefully Boyer will blossom after 2 years of injuries, etc. They say he could be a starter or closer.

I’m pulling for the Spurs. Every time I see Chris Paul, I think that the Hawks could’ve drafted him.

Told my boss that work is driving me crazy…I disagreed when he said we were having fun. Doing something no one else in the country is doing doesn’t motivate me - providing for my family does. He says we shouldn’t have to work 11-12 hour days, but we’re not making progress to lessen the load. He has set up a half day review for Friday morning.

Leaving early all this week to get to ball games.

No comments: