Monday, November 03, 2008

Halloween

My Friday was month end…always bad in October and Friday, with Halloween traffic. I was able to leave work at 5:30, ahead of six co-workers. Had good news on the EZGo account…we were “profitable” and I wrote off over $30,000.00 in unfavorable variances. Then traffic home was much lighter than expected.

For the first year ever the kids didn’t trick or treat in our neighborhood. Will spent the night at the Normans, Anna went with her ballet pals, and Matthew went with his friends in our small group. Ceil was unclear about what she and M were doing, so after arriving home and chatting with the neighbors, I had a relatively quiet couple of hours at home. The new neighbors had a good idea…they set up a table at the end of their driveway and greeted trick-or-treaters there (and their parents, who normally stay at the street). I bought too much candy, so we had a lot left over.

C and M got home around 8:30, and we viewed Will and Joel Norman’s Halloween photos on Facebook…they had already posted them. Matthew scampered out to visit neighbor friends, dressed as an artist. Ceil made him a beret, and he splattered a white labcoat with paint to wear. Then we went over to pick up Anna. I was exhausted, so after visiting with the Johnson Ferry friends for an hour, we came home and went to bed.

Our washing machine died, so Saturday Ceil was determined to knock out all the laundry at a Laundromat. I knocked out a bunch of housework. My allergies kicked in about the time UGA and GT came on, so I popped some corn and rested. The GT game was more interesting, and it was nice to have Nessler and Griese do the game. Even Paul McGuire, whom I dislike, made some good points in GT’s favor.

C had taken A to a High School Musical 3 viewing / birthday party, then grocery shopped. I was all wrapped up in the game, and she walked in just when FSU made the critical goal-line fumble. When the GT DB - a Division 1 football player - tried to pick up the fumble instead of falling on it, I screamed. What was he going to do, run 105 yards for a touchdown? Miraculously, he recovered the fumble, and Tech held on. My man Jaybo Shaw didn’t fare well against the tough FSU defense, but he was due a bad game. Nice win, but I wouldn’t be surprised if GT loses to UNC, Miami, and UGA.

Once again, nothing went right for UGA. Still, Meyer pulled a Spurrier, calling needless timeouts with less than a minute to go. Richt took the high road, but the meeting at midfield sure was quick. We all went to bed early Saturday night.

After church we did some shopping. After lunch Ceil and I went to the East Cobb Sears, then bought a new washer at Home Depot. That took most of the afternoon. I popped more corn at watch the second half of the Falcons. I wouldn’t have been so interested had they been losing. I cleaned up a bit, and Ceil went out to dinner with friends. We went to bed early again. I felt like I needed all that extra sleep.

No comments: