Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Birthday Surprise

Back in August Ceil’s friend from Virginia emailed, wanting to come visit on Ceil’s birthday. We decided to make it a surprise, though eventually I let several people in on the secret. Friday C took M on a field trip Friday. I left work at 11:50, and W and A and I quickly cleaned up the house (always a huge job). Ceil stopped by IKEA ($30), which bought us more time. Dawn made good time, so she and her friend stopped at Starbucks to visit more. Ceil got home and went upstairs, then her parents called. Dawn arrived, so we hustled her upstairs to surprise Ceil.

We dropped M at a friends for a 4 boy sleepover party, then let Will sleepover at the Normans. The rest of us went to PFChangs. Anna decided she liked it so much she wanted to go back on her birthday (that will thrill her grandfather). Saturday C and A went to Lang’s sister’s baby shower, while Dawn and I picked up Matthew. Ceil and Dawn went to Decatur Saturday afternoon. I was all set to watch football when the tree fell. That night we had chili, and the Earharts came over. Lee was Dawn’s husband’s roommate.

Sunday at NP we saw Mark Price, looking out of place with his shirt-tail out…he’s too straight-laced for that. Good service, but traffic was bad afterwards…I saw at least one car broken down. We went to Moes and Harry’s. Moes has last year’s deal where you can buy a $20.00 gift card and get a $5.00 in Moes bucks. I asked and they let me redeem both immediately, so Sunday I saved the $5.00. W and A went to a pickup football game, then we rented Hoodwinked, one of Ceil’s favorites. Ceil took Dawn to the airport yesterday afternoon, and I drove the Living Science carpool last night.

No comments: