Monday, November 10, 2008

Dirty Cars

Once Andy said that when his kids were younger, he’d arrive home to find toys blocking his parking space, and he’d have to remind himself to be thankful for the mess. I remind myself of that story often. The dirty car thing is tough, especially when it’s a new vehicle. My Civic is a lot more dirty because of kid use, and the van is always a mess. That’s why I’ve been overpaying for oil changes at Carnetts Car Wash…to get my car cleaned out.

Hate to lose Escobar’s .300 average and defense, but good pitching ain’t cheap. At least we have options at SS. Last night I went with W to Dunwoody HS…his friend Holt had a baseball game…HS level. His tutor is a Braves scout, who says Heyward is amazing. He’s a RF…we’ll see what they do long term with Frenchy (who has been going to that same tutor…JF wanted to wait to the off-season to make any major changes/reverting to past practices.

Will scored six in their Saturday opener in Chattanooga…I didn’t go. The JV and both the boys and girls won easily.

GT didn’t show up from the get-go against UNC. As I had said, Nesbitt isn’t a good decision-maker, running that complicated option. The AJC reported that he was afraid to pitch the ball. On short yardage UNC knew he would give to Dwyer up the middle, and they repeated stuffed it. Got to see the exciting end to the UGA game…their defense just doesn’t have it. Strong win by the Falcons yesterday.

Went to PFChangs Friday night and Moes Sunday. After taking off Thursday and Friday afternoons, I’m snowed under today at work…my boss and I aren’t in good moods.

No comments: