Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Halloween

Talk about technology: something finally worked out good for me. A few years ago for Christmas for family got me an Apple TV. I had no idea what to do with it, but it is useful to watch shows that have already aired, on demand. Plus shows from Netflix, Hulu, Crackle, Amazon, etc. Used it some, then when lightning struck this summer it took out our Apple TV.

This weekend C was saying we needed to get another one, so I checked on the internet and found one cheap. Picked it up on Monday. Tuesday morning before work I told Ceil I'd gotten her birthday present. Gave it to her and she was pleased, but I don't think she's counting it as her present.

Then the hard part: hooking it up. Luckily Will was home last night, and Ceil got him to hook it up. Took over 30 minutes, and I'm glad I didn't have to do it. Even set it up to use Ceil's phone as a remote for it.

Tuesday: I left work at 5:15. Stopped by Arbys for a free sandwich, that I saved for lunch today. W&MC were home, and M had just arrived. M went out to spend Halloween with friends. C cooked beef stew for supper.

We just had a few trick or treaters as well. Less than 30 for sure. Mostly young kids, no one over 12 or 13. One girl showed up at our door with an elaborate lighted jellyfish umbrella costume. Thought about taking a picture but that would've been weird. After supper I cleaned the kitchen. W studied, and we all chatted. Watched The Middle and the World Series. Later Will had to drive back to Cartersville because Dr. Gilbert was on call.
Wednesday: woke up early and drove MC to the airport. Dropped her off at 6:50 for her 8 am flight to Dallas. Then I set my phone to direct me the best way to work to avoid traffic. When it took me to 85 south I remembered my phone thinks I work in Peachtree City. Not sure why – I had forgotten to correct it. Rerouted myself to 285. Took an hour to get to work.

Bama is sitting pretty at number two. I'm sure Saban loves not having to deal with the hassle of being number one. Instead the media will be asking him how he feels about not being number one. They should already know how he feels, but it's their job to ask. They probably hope someone else in the room will ask so they won't have to.

ESPN will talk and talk about the playoff – that's all they've talked about all year. What they're really doing is building excitement for all the bowl games they'll be televising. They want Ohio State and Penn State and Notre Dame in the playoff, and wish there was a way Southern Cal could get in. ESPN knows that nothing matters until the last poll on December 3, that what happens on the field will dictate who gets in. Looks like the committee hasn't been ignoring the hype.

This week a South Carolina player said Georgia can't pass. Last year Georgia only had 29 yards passing against South Carolina – and beat them by two touchdowns.

There are a lot of good games this Saturday afternoon:

3:00 GT@VA
3:00 Georgia State @ Georgia Southern
3:30 SC@GA
3:30 Clemson@NCState
4:00 OK@OKState

Below: Justin Timberlake and wife Jessica Biel. 

No comments: