Thursday, July 26, 2018

Thrift Recap

I’ve been too busy to hit many thrift stores lately. Doubt I’ve missed much. Haven’t done a good job of tracking my buys. But in the past week or three I’ve made a few purchases that were memorable enough to list here.
Allbirds natural grey men’s wool runners. All wool. Simple design. Supposed to be super comfortable. Look similar to Yeezys or the other popular adidas sneakers. So often I get a nice pair of shoes and wind up selling them. I need to hold onto these for a while.

Red Puma Seude sneakers. Worn in enough that I don’t feel bad getting them dirty. Added thin white shoestrings. Not sure I want to switch to a thicker string. Already wore them to a game in Gwinnett. Might make my pair of red adidas Campus shoes expendable.

White adidas shell toe sneakers. Green stripes. I need to keep a pair of clean white sneakers on hand. They’ll look better than the all-white leather Nikes I sold. Better probably than the all-white leather Nikes with green swooshes. Cleaner than my white Puma tennis shoes with black trim.  

Black Chuck Taylor low top sneakers. Nice and worn in. Never know when they’ll be needed, but I’m ready.

All black knockoff Nike Haurache running shoes. Bought them at Goodwill in like new condition. They have the Nike logo but you can tell they’re not legit. Will look best with black pants in winter.  

Black Atlanta Braves hoodie, made by Majestic. Weird color, but official. Worn in the postseason when all teams wore the same thing. 2XL so I can layer underneath it. I needed more Braves warm weather gear. Matches my all-black Braves road cap.

Lee Corso ESPN College Game Day Coke Zero bobblehead. Broken, but worth the dollar I spent. Sells for $75.00 in good condition. Goes with the Kirk Herbstreidt bobble I got a few years ago.

Black Nike Golf stand bag. Lightweight and perfect for walking. At four bucks I couldn’t resist. Need to give away Will’s old red bag, plus maybe one of mine.

Two Columbia PFG t-shirts size XL. One is light orange with the big triangular PFG logo on back. Black tee has an American flag on back, with fish instead of stars. I am giving away several old golf shirts and t-shirts and swim trunks.

Swim trunks with tacos on them. Nuff said.

With five pair of new shoes, I need to get rid of some shoes. Give away: Navy canvas Sperry boat sneakers. The red Nike Air Max sneakers with the blowout, some rain boots in the garage, several pair of flip flops. Need to sell: (1) black Footjoy soft spike golf shoes, (2) red Roshes, (3) kids black Chuck Taylors, (4) kids white Chuck Taylors, (5) brown Vans, (6) high top Vans, (7) Reebok basketball shoes, (8) grey/orange Nike Lunarlons, (9) my white Chuck Taylor low tops.

No comments: