Monday, July 09, 2018

Waffle House & Ant Man

Lunch Friday at Waffle House. Then I took Piedmont to Roswell Road to 400 to Abernathy / Johnson Ferry to Lower Roswell. Made three stops and couldn’t resist buying two pair of shoes: red Pumas I will wear on vacation and all black Nike Huaraches that will look great with black pants in the winter. I’m sure I’ll wear them some this summer as well. Pretty sure the Huaraches are fakes, but they’re in great shape. I’d considered buying some fakes and wondered how good they’d look. Not bad.
 
Got home and picked up some branches that had fallen, and unloaded Ceil’s car, and missed around with golf clubs, and put a bunch of giveaway items in my car. Also helped with the dishes and warmed up the leftover homemade pizza for supper. We watched Hallmark movies. Ceil went to Whole Foods and I turned on Ant Man – a great movie. Ceil loved the climatic ending when he battled the Yellow Jacket on the toy Thomas the Tank Engine. Ant Man was filmed in Atlanta, and our metal was used in the movie. The old State Archives building was featured prominently in the movie.

 
Saturday morning Ceil left for South Carolina, a day earlier than she had wanted to. I puttered around the house all day. Did some laundry and worked to set up my new laptop. Watched two Top Tens on the NFL Network and parts of Ant Man again. Later I watched The Parent Trap and Iron Man 3.
 
Saturday evening I went over to the Cho’s house for supper with several other couples. They had a huge spread: buffalo dip and chips, Korean pancakes (regular and spicy), tossed salad, two broccoli salads, grilled salmon, grilled chicken, scalloped potatoes, cheesecake, brownies, and ice cream sundaes. Several of the other guys ate more than me.
 
Sunday morning I drove down to Macon to see my parents. On the way I stopped by Taco Bell for a breakfast burrito. For lunch my dad and I picked up take out at the S&S cafeteria. I got turkey & dressing, sweet potato souffle, squash, and a corn muffin. Traffic was heavy on the way back. Arrived at nine after stopping by Target. Whipped up a turkey quesadilla on the panini press.
 
Will & MC stopped by to drop off and pick up some items. They’re still getting settled. Sunday morning they attended a church that met at the William Floyd Elementary School, north of Howell Mill and west of 75. Sunday evening they took Okie on a long walk. There are a series of parks near their apartment that connect all the way to Bobby Jones golf course, which I hear is being renovated from 18 holes to nine holes.   
 
Watched some of the Dodgers loss to the Angels. Alex Wood and Andrelton. Of all number one, two, and three hitters in the order, Mike Trout has batted the most number of times with the bases empty – hampering his RBI opportunities.
 
The Braves land four players on the All-Star team: starters Freeman and Markakis, and backups Albies and Folty. No player in history had more hits and service time before making his first all-star team than Markakis.

One of Andy Stanley’s mottos is “Do for one what you wish you could do for everyone.” I know I don’t do enough, for anyone. But if I can meet a need here, and meet another need over there, I am headed in the right direction. I’d like to think I am helping out a little bit. What I don’t need to do is to know of someone in dire need, and instead of trying to help out, instead say “God loves you! Hope you are having a good day!!” That just pours salt into the needy person’s wounds. Love is an action word. Make sure you are listening to hear how a loved one can be served. Not everyone is good at what you are good at. Use your gifts and talents to help others who aren’t good at those things. If your actions aren’t in line with what you’re posting on Facebook, what use are you to God?
 

No comments: