Thursday, November 14, 2019

Think You Know Your Pet?


Found a whitening shampoo Ceil had been using on Barney. You think you know your pet. Never knew he was a brunette! Hopefully I didn’t use that shampoo by accident – my hair is already white enough.
Tuesday:  for lunch I went out for Chinese with a couple of coworkers. With Ceil at her Tuesday night ministry, I pretty much skipped supper. Stayed 50 minutes late at work to finish up my 2020 insurance registration. Then I got a haircut. Picked up some copies for Ceil at Office Max. Then got gas. Packed an eBay shipment. M cooked himself supper. 
 
C took Barney to the vet. I think they go back. B got shots and the vet examined his leg. Torn ACL ligament. So he’s been less frisky, though when Ceil cooks he hangs around the kitchen for scraps. Since his injury Ceil’s been giving him more. Last night I forgot to block the stairs so he wouldn’t come upstairs during the night. In the middle of the night I heard his leash rattle so I went downstairs to check on him. He had moved into the living room couch, his usual perch when Ceil is gone so he can look out the front window. But by morning he was back on his bed by the TV.

Wednesday: first Hot Stove League meeting of the season, way up north of Cumming. Heard a West Point grad speak – the first Army grad to play in the big leagues. Chris Rowley, a pitcher for the Blue Jays. More on Rowley later. Had 12 at the Hot Stove meeting, including him. Didn’t get home until after 10 pm. Ceil was hanging out with her girlfriends.
 
Thursday: crazy morning. Was making an appointment with a doctor’s office and had to run out to my car for something. Was cold so I hopped in my car and closed the door. Tossed my keys on the passenger seat and looked up what I needed. Was still on the phone when I got out of my car. Locked the door and closed it – then realized I had locked my keys in the car. After getting off the phone coworker Brad found a YouTube video on how to get in. Coworker Lowell went out and gave it a try, and it worked. Got my keys back.
 
Lunch and Learn seminar catered by Mellow Mushroom. Next Friday’s sales meeting to be catered by Dreamland BBQ. If it’s something I like, I could eat the same dish several times in a row.
 
I still have my elementary class photos as well as my high school yearbooks. College too.  Nowadays you can even look them up on line. I have an old wooden soapbox I keep old stuff in, from high school, GT BSU, SPDL. Got my old Baskin Robbins shirt from the late 70’s, my high school football jersey and letter jacket, and GT BSU shirts. When I coached the Mighty Mite Celtics the team gave me a tshirt saying THE BACKBOARD IS MY FRIEND. When Will was a teenager 10 years ago he found it and wore it. At Tech we’d watch MASH reruns and I got a Hawaiian shirt from my grandfather and wore it like Hawkeye wore his. Still have it. Got all of Will and Matthew’s little league jerseys as well. Good stuff.
 
Pretty sure I remember Debbie Kelly from ECS. She had a child in the program, as I recall. 
 
ANDRES GALARRAGA  [SABR Bio] was the National League’s first two-time “The Sporting News” Comeback Player of the Year Award winner. A two-time cancer survivor and sufferer of several injuries during his 19-year MLB career, he earned TSN Comeback Player awards in 1993 and 2000. He was his franchise’s first true Free Agent signing. When he signed as a major-league expansion free agent by COL on 17-Nov-1992, he was joined on the roster by 36 new teammates the following day when the Rockies completed their Expansion Draft selections. The year after, he rocked a .370 batting average playing in front of MLB’s all-time highest single-season attendance. As a member of the 1993 Colorado Rockies, he played before 4,483,350 fans at Mile High Stadium. No team has ever drawn more for a single major league season (55350 per game). The Big Cat. El Cate Grande. Meow.

No comments: