Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Sweet Potato Fries


Tuesday: since Ceil was at her women's ministry, I drove up to grab a takeout bacon cheeseburger from Red Robin. A good burger, but their buns are still tasteless. The sweet potato fries were good. Plus there was a cool ottoman.
On the way home I stopped by the Goodwill on McFarland. Would be cool to find some Denmark High gear there one day. I did get a Vineyard Vines American flag belt, a pair of tan leather ECCO Soft sneakers (below), and a green check fishing shirt.

I still would like to get a nice pair of all black sneakers to wear to work. Lately I've been wearing a different pair every day: Pumas, Hokas, Adidas, AllBirds, and now my new ECCOs. Today I'm wearing my black "dress" shoes with the sneaker bottoms, that aren't great for standing at my desk all day. Need to mix in my two other pair of brown leather "fashion" shoes, and my dark grey Air Jordans. And sell more on eBay.
  
On Monday and Tuesday Matthew didn't work at the farm because of the rain. One of the benefits of his new job at Beetlecat is that he gets a discount at all Ford Fry restaurants. Yesterday he grabbed takeout at Superica.
 
Monday night the Braves were rained out so not much on TV. I hadn't planned on watching the convention, but Monday I'd wanted to watch Herschel, and Tuesday I wanted to hear the First Lady. I had never heard her speak before. But they saved her until 10 :45 pm. I was finishing up other stuff, so I went to bed shortly after the beginning of her speech.
 
Was recently reminded of two sayings…
 
1. Don't sweat the small stuff.
2. Its all small stuff.
 
Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

Didn't someone else win their first Champions Tour tourney, someone like Couples or Davis Love? The Big Easy, that guy in the SAP cap - Ernie Els? 

Had lunch from 'Cue, the BBQ place up Peachtree Industrial. Chopped pork, Brunswick stew, sweet potato casserole. Lot of good stuff on the menu. Real good.

Next week we might go to the batting cages during lunch.

VERN STEPHENS  [SABR Bio] while playing for the Red Sox, combined for more than 300 RBI over consecutive seasons but didn't win the MVP either year - 303 RBI = 159 (1949) + 144 (1950). He was one of only two St Louis Browns batters to win an AL home run title, in 1945 with 24 HR. Ken Williams (39 in 1922) was the only other Brownie w/a HR title. He was the first native of the state of New Mexico to appear in an All-Star game, starting at SS for the AL in the 1943 ASG.

No comments: