Friday, August 07, 2020

Walk Off

Nice story: Markakis slugs the first pitch he sees in 2020 into the rightfield bleachers for a walkoff home run. I missed it. Many poked fun at catcher Tyler Flowers (second from right) for his "dad dance."
Stopped by to see Will and Anna and Okie. Met up with a vendor. Grabbed a bacon egg and cheese biscuit at Hardees for breakfast and later a vanilla shake at Cookout for lunch. Later I had another meeting. Also as usual spent lots of time on work calls and emails, setting up hot shipments.
Trimmed hedges. Our house has bushes lining the southwestern property line, and they never stop growing. They needed it bad. Wore me out in the 94 degree heat. Got stung by something right under my lip but it wasn't bad. After that I was wary of bugs, though it's hard for me to see them. Thought I got stung again on the side of my finger, but it hurt less than the first sting. Might've just been the sharp point of the leaf that got me.
Went and put on a long sleeve shirt and pulled the collar up high. Wore gloves and my cap. The pointy leaves kept poking my through the fabric put no more stings. Wore me out.
Later stopped by a Goodwill, Taco Bell, and also got a jumbo diet Mtn Dew. Had been taking a regular doseage on Advil for my lower back. All the work and heat helped with that pain, but by last night my shoulders, arms, and chest were super sore from all the hedge clipping.
Stopped by the Northside Drive Goodwill. Found a new pair of Stance Dominique Wilkins socks. I love Stance socks. Also bought a new pair of "golf" socks.
Was really sore all evening and through the night. Got up in the middle of the night and took more Advil, which really helped out. Much better this morning. Busy again with work.
BRETT GARDNER  [B-R Bio] All-Star and Gold Glove winner, and the only New York Yankee to lead the American League in triples in the expansion era. Led AL in triples with ten in 2013. AS in 2015. GG in 2016. The Kevin Lawn Award is given to the best minor league hitter and pitcher of the previous year in the Yankees' organization. Gardner won in 2009. Played baseball as he attended the College of Charleston.

Interesting article on discussions these days with people who disagree with your point of view.

No comments: