Saturday, July 03, 2021

Not Dead Yet

Braves: giving Smith the win isn’t a good rule. I saw him out there dancing around Freddie after the walk off and realized he was happy for getting off the hook for the blown save. Had Anderson not pitched enough to qualify for the win, the official scorekeeper could decide which pitcher gets the win, in certain circumstances. Perhaps they should let the official scorer always make the decision Another reason why baseball “experts’ no long consider wins and losses as stats that indicate how good a pitcher is.

Good guys take 2 of 3 for the first place Mets, and cut the lead to 3-1/2 games. The season is only half over. Three months to go – about 80 more games. Fried has returned. D’Arnault has his cast off, and will be back soon. No more Soroka and Ozuna, but other bats are starting to heat up. We’ll see what’s available at the trade deadline.

Monday: left work about 5:15. Had a coupon for a free haircut that was expiring, so I cashed it in. Different place, different stylist than usual. Did a good job, but I hate to miss my regular lady.

On the way home I picked up a BBQ sandwich from Smokehouse Burgers & Bones. Very good and filling. I just don’t feel good after eating there. Had to get it out of my system before July 1. Have decided to really cut back. Serious this time. No more fries. No fast food. No bread or rice or potatoes. Just meats and vegetables and fruits. Exercising every day. Last night my back was sore from the exercising. Inside I feel like a skinny person, but that’s not what’s on the outside.

Watched Holy Moly mini golf, Jeopardy, and a Seinfeld comedy special. C was out at a birthday dinner for someone.

Tuesday: Chickfila biscuits at work. I just ate the chicken. With Ceil at her women’s ministry, I left work around 5:15. Right before leaving work I was handed a Chickfila sandwich, which became my supper. Played with Winnie. Watched Seinfeld and Jeopardy. Played on my laptop. Bed. Great that the Hawks won without Trae Young.

Wednesday: worked past 5:30. Finally stopped at Goodwill to give away a carload of stuff. Bought a nice green lightweight short sleeve shirt to put in my work rotation. Didn’t get home until after 6:30. C had made black-eyed peas for supper. She was headed out to her Bible Study, so me and Winnie relaxed. Lifted some weights. Watched Jeopardy and Seinfeld. Went to bed shortly after ten.

Thursday: ran again, for the third time this week. No workout Friday for the Peachtree on Saturday morning. Left work about 5:25 pm. Cut the grass. Hopefully extinguished a yellow jacket nest. Interesting Mexican type dish for sipper with chicken, black beans, rice, corn, cheese, peppers – kind of a casserole. Too spicy but good. By the time I finished the dishes it was almost 9 pm.

Denison: "As we seek to be our best for our Master, let us do so for his glory and never our own. Our daily resolve should be "He must increase, but I must decrease" (John 3:30). A good friend and I were discussing the importance of humility yesterday and he shared with me his daily prayer: "Let your light shine through me, not on me."

STEVE CARLTON  [SABR Bio] was the last pitcher to work 300+ innings in a single season. In 1980, Carlton threw 304 innings. He holds the modern National League career record for one-hitters, with six. He was the first pitcher to amass more than three Cy Young Awards, winning in 1972, 1977, 1980 & 1982. Carlton was famous for not speaking a single syllable about baseball to the media for more than a decade.

CARLTON FISK  [SABR Bio] was the first Hall of Fame catcher to play in at least 150 games in a season but allow fewer than five passed balls. Had four in 151 games in 1977. He homered every year for twenty-three consecutive seasons, from 1971-1993. Fisk attended Keene State U. in Keene, New Hampshire.

Trump never went to the second floor of the White House? Perhaps not the second floor of the executive mansion. Perhaps he did go up to the second floor of the main living quarters.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/why-donald-trump-never-went-upstairs-in-the-white-house/ss-AALCMjI?ocid=winp1taskbar

No comments: