Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Tuesday at Truist

After being in meetings all day, at 4 pm I learned I'd scored the Braves tickets again. Snuck out of the office and made it through traffic to the game. Rain was still in the forecast, and i wasn't planning on staying long, so I didn't try to find any partners in crime. Below: the fans were clammering to see young Padre Tatis. I do like the way he wears his pants and socks.
Snapped the Padre releivers headed to the bullpen,
passing San Diego starter Darvish.
My first stop inside the park was the team store.
Cashed in for a long sleeve t-shirt.
Wore my red Murphy BP jersey, the same 2014 spring training cap (since I forgot to grab another one), and my Puma RS-X sneakers.
Ran into two old bobblehead pals: Kevin and Michael.
While snapping this photo, a Padre tossed a ball over the netting in our direction. We didn't snag that one, but while I was off getting ice cream Michael grabbed a ball. 

The free ice cream was flowing tonight.
Padres third base coach Dick Eason.
I forwarded this photo to Uni Watch.
For the most part the rain held off.
I hadn't planned on staying long, then watched seven innings. 
Tonight's giveaway happened to be the Ronald Acuna chain.
Just what I needed. Sold mine for sixty bucks - enough to pay for my August 8 Braves ticket and satchel, plus Thursday night's Stripers game and Soroka bobblehead.
I stayed for seven innings before making my exit.
The Braves held on to win.
In my rush to get inside to claim my Acuna chain, I forgot to snap a photo of a player brick. Had to use the flash to get Greg Olson. 

No comments: