Friday, July 16, 2021

The Sick Kid

When I was a kid in Macon in the 60’s I’d have to come to the allergist up at Lenox Square. Got my back scratched dozens of times, all at once, to see what I was allergic to. Dust, mold, chicken, furry animals. Not sure how long I’ve been allergic to fish. I guess as a kid I didn’t eat much fish. It was never a problem until I got to GT and the BSU would serve fish on Fridays.

Plus I had asthma. Cigarette smoke made me wheeze. Had to carry around an inhaler and take pills every day. Whenever I’d go away for a weekend and forget my inhaler, it seemed like I had an attack. I got used to it. Started carrying my inhaler with me to football games I played in, after having an attack in pregame. The trainers had to drive back to school to get my inhaler out of my car. Had pretty much grown out of my asthma by the time I finished college, but might have one or two attacks a year. Hardly ever wheeze now 

I am the worst about eating too much, and too late in the evening. C loves to cook, but will eat a late lunch and not get supper ready until 8 pm are so. I want to go to bed at ten. The doctors and articles these days say the same thing – three meals plus light snacks in between. Yes someone said one time to not eat after 8 pm.

Finished Grisham’s Sooley. Uncharacteristic ending, not what I expected. I knew at some point something bad was going to happen, perhaps on two fronts. A few bad things had happened, but I was expecting more (I was right, and how). Lots of basketball action.

Starting up two books: CS Lewis’ sci-fi novel Out of the Silent Planet, and Steve Berry’s The Patriot Threat.

Completed another project Wednesday, but would be good to get another project done before the end of the week (I did). Lunch was Jason’s Deli turkey sandwich, courtesy of work.

The dogs have quieted down a bit, and C got a little done yesterday. Winnie is so tired from all the play that she wasn’t too active last night. Of course this morning she jumped up on me and tore a little hole in another shirt. But for the most part her training has gone well.

Got a call right when I was all packed up to leave work. It was a buddy so I took the call, delaying my departure. Left work around 5:35. Stopped by Dollar Tree for a few items. Ceil cooked Mexican for supper: savory grilled chicken, rice, black beans, fresh corn, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes.

Thursday: Ceil was running errands when I got home so I had to corral the two dogs. Supper was spaghetti (with meat sauce) and salad.

Gotta get a new dishwasher. Had bought one a few months ago buy when they delivered it there was a scratch, so we refused it. Then they cancelled the order. Gotta reinvent the wheel now.

This weekend I need to cut the grass and practice golf. I’m playing in my customer’s tourney this fall. Haven’t swung a club since I hurt my wrist over a year ago. Next week I have a short focus group after work on Monday. All day meeting on Tuesday, then golf after work with W and maybe M.

Craig MacKenzie had heart bypass surgery at Piedmont. He went for a checkup before running the Peachtree, and they wouldn’t let him leave.

Heard someone say that they might support the $15.00 minimum wage if fast food workers would start getting orders right. At most places, like where I work, if you keep making mistakes they will tell you to leave.

ANDRE DAWSON  [SABR Bio] became only the second member of the 400 HR  300 SB “club” joining Willie Mays when he hit his 400th HR 15-Apr-1993They have since been joined by Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez & Carlos Beltran. Dawson was the first player with 340 total bases for a National League expansion team. He led the NL with 341 TB for MON in 1983. That year was the second time he finished runner-up in the National League MVP voting. He was 2nd in MVP voting to Mike Schmidt in 1981 and 2nd to Dale Murphy in 1983.

On Pontiacs & Propotions: what we remember from the past.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__calvarymemphis.org_on-2Dpontiacs-2Dpropotions_&d=DwIFAg&c=UXihhqr7vvdA-hrKyTiC1Q&r=wMWwaEbn9nr4zXI4p6CDP7FGwn1DrBd77MJElrWsP6U&m=D1Gweh_mnUyCXEGvsbDhQePmsK6hMntTYjDERGbirJE&s=F_GgnBJ1zhE59DyL93m87xzpwXQuibdkb2w4XWTQPHM&e=


Proposed Atlanta to Charlotte high-speed rail line, with stops at Hartsfield, downtown, Doraville or Tucker, Suwanee or Lawrenceville, Athens, Anderson, the Greenville airport, Gastonia, Charlotte's airport, and downtown. The line would then connect to Raleigh, Richmond, and Washington. 

No comments: