Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Birth Pangs?

Right now 19 different volcanoes around the world are all erupting at the same time. Probablay just a coincidence and not God expressing His displeasure with a world rejecting Him, right?

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://endtimeheadlines.org/2023/11/birth-pangs-nineteen-volcanoes-have-erupted-at-the-same-time/__;!!AE29DT8V!XEOvwTJFpll4JIzjVHYuCRVC08YcgwO75jTOoXVW0P3-kLSr6zSQdTAkmZhpTHB_agCiS9DA9tjlv05Q9RY$ 

I usually don’t try to guess the answer to the baseball trivia questions emailed to all SABR members every day, but yesterday I happened to be staring at my in box when the email came in. I read the question and knew the answer, so I replied back immediately. Larry Doby. I was the first correct answer, so I got my name mentioned to everyone the emails go out to. I sent them a photo I’d taken of my and the Larry Doby statue in Camden SC.

That average MPH always frustrates me because it averages in stop lights and such. I would normally love such features that I now have on my car – but it’s so hard for me to read them. I usually drive without my glasses, so my peripheral vision will be better. What I look at is MPG. Nice to be averaging 33-34 MPG on city streets. On the highway I can get 40 MPG.

The older I get the more I hate to drive. Crazy fast drivers scare me to death. I don’t take the fastest route, but instead the safest route, the route with the least traffic, like the route I took last night to Houstons. Would’ve taken that route home, but it would’ve meant two tough left hand turns on a busy street. Also I loved driving my zippy little old Corolla, that I wasn’t worried about crashing. The newer lower longer sedan I drive now seems like more of a target for other cars.

So much stuff going on at work. Training meetings. Lots to get to. I hope to take off Friday for our family trip to North Georgia. I will work late tonight and hope to get off at five tomorrow, and drive up to the cabin Thursday night.

Last night I left work shortly after 5 pm. 285 west was packed so I took surface streets to Houstons: Johnson Ferry to Riverside, which merged into Mt Vernon, which turned into Northside. Then right on West Paces to Houstons. C had salmon and my burger might’ve been better than usual.

Ran three miles at the gym this morning, each faster than the previous.

Today’s catered lunch: be turkey with macaroni & cheese and other sides, what we usually get for our annual Christmas luncheon. Ceil’s school is having their Thanksgiving feast today as well, so she may bring home leftovers.

ERNIE BANKS [SABR Bio] was the first post-World War-II player to hit three triples in a nine-inning game during his MVP season. On 11-Jun-1966, Banks tripled in the 4th, 5th, and 9th innings, each time off a different pitcher (Bob Bruce, Gary Kroll, & Aurelio Monteagudo), each time driving in Ron Santo. That was the season of his lowest home run total in any year during the 16 full seasons of his 19-year career in the majors. He had 15 HR in 1966. He exceeded that total three more seasons before retiring. Banks was signed by Cool Papa Bell to play for the Kansas City Monarchs 1950-53, which was by then an independent team. Most of the previous Black franchises/leagues had effectively ceased operating after about 1950.

No comments: