Thursday, November 30, 2023

Children of the Corn

 

Long busy day. Lots better than yesterday.

Man last night I worked past 7 pm. Had Dreamland BBQ for lunch so I wasn’t hungry for sup. Couldn’t sleep well due to stress. Neither could coworker Angie, so I had tried to encourage earlier in the evening.

Decided to get to the gym early. Was downstairs well before 6 am. Bent over to tie my shoes and my back went out. Put on my office clothes and went to work instead. Arrived at 630 am.

Had to mess with my computer for like an hour to get going. Asked for help, and got it. Should be keeping new monitors and a new laptop at some point. Got two screens going so that is an improvement. Busy day but I got a little done. 

Willys for lunch – I piled everything on top of each other, kind of a Mexican salad. Got a few more things to do. Two coworkers and two trainers still here.

SANDY KOUFAX [SABR Biowas the first to rack up fifteen strikeouts in each of nine games.  Koufax struck out at least 15 in a G 8 X in the regular season &, historically, once in a WS G. With 29 such games, Randy Johnson is now the all-time leader. No one else has as many consecutive National League ERA titles as he has. His season ERA was the best in the NL in each of his last 5 seasons, three of those years also leading the majors: 1962-66 (2.54, 1.88, 1.74, 2.04, 1.73). No AL pitcher has ever strung together five consecutive ERA crowns. Koufax played basketball for the University of Cincinnati Bearcats…and baseball.

No comments: