Tuesday, April 01, 2008

End of Month

Saw the 10th inning last night, in addition to earlier innings.

EOM craziness…we have about 400 parts we manage for EZGo. Randy and my boss will micromanage 2 or 3 parts, something vets Monique and I, plus the 4 rookies, can’t do. Yesterday we tried to sort out things on the 3 parts and found billing errors on two of them. With everything possible handled, I was the first of the Textron group to leave…at 5:45 (Matthew had a 6 pm game). Already stressed, my boss called me on the way home, clearly upset that I had left. Had I waved goodbye to him, he would’ve asked for “five minutes” which would’ve easily been an hour - reviewing things we couldn’t immediately fix.

Arrived at the game in the third inning, having made excellent time. Matthew struck out twice, though he had some excellent cuts. He also laid off high pitches. I still think his bat is too heavy. They stuck in the game for a while, before losing 12 – 5.

Booked a $60.00 room in Huntsville for Friday night for Will’s games. Matthew doesn’t play Saturday and wants to go for the continental breakfast…it would be hard for me to take off Friday to go.

No comments: