Thursday, April 17, 2008

More on the Van

Got the new van home last night. Ceil seems pleased.

While I was sitting in the dealership Monday evening, Ceil called to say the Civic wouldn’t start. Battery, I hope. She had it jumped and it worked yesterday, and last night when I moved it. But this morning it wouldn’t start. I saw my neighbor, and ran him down to give me a jump. It scared him, as it was still dark. Got a guy at Wal-Mart to clean up the connections…he checked to find the battery still in good condition. We’ll see.

A “rule” I broke Monday…I wore a Callaway golf pullover into the dealership. Probably better to not dress so nice, huh? The salesman commented on it, steering the subject to golf. Golfers usually have more money and can pay more for cars, right?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That reminds me of an old Cosby Show episode- where Dr. Huxtible and Theo go to the dealership, and Cliff is dressed like a hobo, and tells Theo to play along. Then a guy (played strangely enough by Gilbery Godfried) sees him in the office and starts screaming, "Hey, DOCTOR Huxtible!" And the dealer (played mysteriously by Sinbad) ups the offer...

So, now you see what garbage is in my brain, clouding it up for the actually useful information! But, man, do I love the Cosby Show!

David said...

You are right! I remember that one. I'm the same way - just today I used the example of Jerry eating the black & white cookie, and last week it was Hawkeye's "Where's the sound?" comment from MASH.

Melissa said...

My brain is clouded by all my Nick at Nite reruns... sigh. Such is the TV generation, I suppose.