Tuesday, December 29, 2009

FIRE!

Last night Ceil took Anna to a friends, then hit Trader Joes while I watched the game. Will was cooking chicken wings. He usually cooks them outside on the grille, but we were out of gas. He had them crackling in the frying pan, then put them on the rack in the oven…without a pan underneath. He didn’t have the fan on, and smoke filled the house. He opened the oven to see flames coming up from the bottom. We had to open the outside doors, so we were freezing.

I have experience with children being spoiled by grandparents. Ceil’s parents do so much, and love it. Saturday it was nice that her dad took Will up to play golf. He’s starting to see how much help Will is, when he’s there.

Will’s teacher liked the skit I submitted, which is a relief. I still have a lot to do, but her encouragement will help me keep going. Thirty minutes for four nights is a big chunk, and I knew it would challenge me going in. Hopefully I can involve some of the guys, especially developing a big opening song. Bryan Coley was surprised I was writing it, when I told him.

It would do me good to write down ten goals, which I’ll try to do. After digressing for a few years, I had a better 2009 than 2008, but I need to have a better 2010. Sunday at ECPC we saw the two young couples in our marriage group, as well as the newlyweds who dropped out. Saw the leader’s wife, but leader Jeff stayed home.

DeRosa signs with SF…big deal?

UGA had it easy last night. Can’t believe that A&M QB set a record for passes without an INT. He had a great arm, but his mechanics were terrible. I think UGA would’ve still won had the A&M special teams not been so bad. UGA would’ve had the ball more, and would’ve had more drives for TD’s & FG’s.

TB shouldn’t be favored this Sunday. Maybe they’re figuring RB Turner’s injury, QB Ryan’s foot, and both kicker’s injuries. Hopefully TB will look at the line, and still be fat and happy from beating NO last week…and the Falcons can get their elusive 9th win. Fun watching that big lineman kick off last week.

Plenty of loose ends to tie up here at work, but the pace isn’t bad.

No comments: