Monday, May 10, 2010

Rays Win Opener

Will’s summer team the East Cobb Rays, won their first game Saturday 7-2, over the ECB Diamondbacks. The Rays were without our players, including both catchers. Despite being nervous, Will went 1-2 with two walks, scoring a run, and almost beat out a Sunday-hop chopper to shortstop.

He pitched one scoreless inning, allowing no hits; facing four batters, walking one and striking out two. He caught the last three innings. Will started the game playing third base. He dove to his left to catch a sharply hit grounder, preventing a run from scoring. Plenty of talent on the team, so Will is going to have to play well to stay on the field.

As bad as Melky played rightfield yesterday, I was believing the Rowland’s Office report that he’d been released. I loved how the crowd got behind Moyer Friday night, even when he was batting.

Friday night Will and Ceil went to the Living Science Banquet. Anna, Matthew, and I watched the Blind Side. Ceil and I got a lot of cleaning done Saturday before the game.

After the 9 am service I walked out of the NP building. The shuttle was fixing to leave. Normally I walk, but since the timing was perfect I got the guy to re-open the door, and I hopped on board. The bus made a strange, immediate turn, and I remembered that on the way in with Matthew before the service, the driver was a woman. I was on the wrong shuttle. With no good place to hop off, I had to walk from the upper Travelers lot, across the busy four lane entrance/exit, to the other lot. Funny Stanley family video to end the service.

Had a late lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, then Ceil took a nap. I took Anna to see a classmate play lacrosse in Roswell…Will Acuff, son of Lynn . During the game I took Matthew shopping…he got a vest, so he could be “in style.” Later I took Matthew swimming, for the first time this year. He said the pool wasn’t too cold.

Philly chicken for lunch, and BBQ tonight.

No comments: