Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Weekend

Friday Anna was at a sleepover and Will playing basketball at the Normans . C, M, and I drove through Roswell , finally deciding to eat at the Zaxbys in Alpharetta. M was excited because a classmate’s parents operated that Zaxbys, so the boy’s picture was on the wall. Drove back to pick up Will, and caught the end of the Hawks game there. Ceil talked to Becky, and I talked to DJ and Kara about Lang.

DJ said a tall fellow was landscaping across the street from his Dunwoody house. The man came over and shot baskets with DJ. Turned out to be a former number one draft pick of the Timberwolves.

Saturday Ceil went back to her home-school conference, down near the airport. Will went to the Living Science middle school contraption exposition, to get extra credit. I picked up Anna, then took Matthew to LS. While there, DJ flagged me down. He and Will were such a hit at Jekyll, doing the skit, and they wanted them to repeat one of the funnier scenes at Friday’s banquet. I suggested the Do Right Family, and popular old Camp SPdL lip-synch of a Ray Stephens song. Lang did it back in the day. I couldn’t generate any excitement from Will on that.

Enjoyed the KidStuf Willie Wonka skit, though it was a step below some other performances. I stuck around NP, and after the 11 am service drove Will to his first East Cobb practice. During the second service and practice I wrote a skit for Will and DJ to perform, using their characters from the Expedition. It was a prequel, telling how the characters got to where they were. Combined ideas from the original skit with Star Wars, Elf, and Rudolph.

Will’s friend Kevin received a yellow card in his recent soccer game. Holt’s baseball team won the national championship last week, down in Florida . Kevin and Holt were also asked to reprise their skit roles at the banquet.

Sunday evening Ceil and I ate at Panda Express. I’d never eaten there before. Also went to Borders, Target, and CVS.

Last Wednesday I stopped at Baskin Robbins for 31 cent scoop night. Told my former BR31 co-workers that when they roll back prices to yesteryear, they rolled them back to what they were when we worked there. Saw a current co-worker, who has a huge sweet tooth.

No comments: