Saturday, July 23, 2016

Rome Suite Rome

Drove up to Rome Friday afternoon for the coveted Ozzie Albies mini-bobblehead. Despite car trouble I made it to the park shortly after 3:30. Bobby Myers and Dan Fox were there to greet me. With time to spare we were able to catch up a little more than usual. I took another selfie (above).

Kevin and fam finally arrived, and early arrives gathered in the shade near the season ticket line. Patrick and later Mike, as well as three new friends. The 6 pm line wasn't as long as years past. Johnny and Hugh arrived with three grandsons (and my tickets) shortly before the 5:30 gate opening.

After gathering bobbleheads I said hello to Norman, in Rome since the big club and Gwinnett were on the road. I talked to Marshall's brother, the usher. Finally made it up to Johnny's box. Young blonde Sailors sat quietly, watching everything. Little Josef (#2, above) constantly went in and out, taking the cool conditioned air with him. I caught up with old Hugh. When the boys arrived at the park they wouldn't give me a high five, but in the box wanting to see the insides of the empty warming trays, they eagerly allowed me to hold them up.

Our suite was right next to the press box, and the inhabitants enjoyed the kids staring in on them. While I talked to Hugh little Josef pointed to the TV and exclaimed "Pop!" Sure enough, behind the dancing cheerleaders on the screen Johnny was downstairs, collecting more bobbles.
Kevin brought his young family - his twins' first official ball game. They had a blast.

Johnny's son and daughter arrived, with spouses and grandmother in tow. Hot dogs and cole slaw arrived, replacing the empty trays of chips, popcorn, and cookies. Little Wynn was another cutie.

As we left I noticed all the foul balls on the roof,
too far out of reach even for a ball-grabbing device.

I left with Kevin to give him some bobbles. Before we left as the sun set I snapped their family portrait. Fortunately my car started, and I made a leisurely drive home.

For $21.00 I received three game tickets and parking, and:

06.00 bobblehead for LJ
30.00 bobblehead for me
30.00 bobblehead to sell
15.00 two dogs, slaw, cookie, chips, popcorn, water
01.00 RaceTrac soft drink
82.00 total, plus the ball game

No comments: