Saturday, July 02, 2016

Star Wars Night

Star Wars Night at Turner Field July 1st. Details to follow, but here are the photos. Long lines to take some pictures with Star Wars characters, but not Chewie.
Or this guy...
Or this guy...
Or even this guy, believe it or not. After the Geiko's handler took my picture, he reached in his bag and handed my a T-shirt. Nice.
Next instead of our normal batting practice spot in the crowded left-field bleachers, I headed over to right field where I knew my new friend Norman would be. He knows that baseball hit king Ichiro Suzuki likes to launch long home runs during batting practice. We each came close, but it was no cigar. As we left he called "See you later, David." Good guy.
During BP pitching coach Roger McDowell had already resumed his favorite position: talking to fans down the left field line.
I wanted to get in line early for the Star Wars parade,
on the ramp overlooking the player parking lot.
Later I was joined by Rob and Charlotte.
Walking out on to the field.
Last year the parade stretched all the way around the field.
This year it was only half that long.
As we nears the outfield I had an idea: have Rob take my picture in front of the games remaining number, as if I was the guy taking down the number. As I approached the Braves employee I told him what I was doing, and he started to back away. The pic was popular on Facebook.
Discovered an interesting store on the concourse.
I dared not go inside.
Walked around the stadium.
Found a spot in the shade down the left field line.
The Marlins bullpen was to my immediate left.
Thought I forgot, didn't you?
Had a nice view of the actual guy who tore off the number,
a season ticker holder from Dunwoody.
Cute baby in front of me.
I tried to get a photo of his dad (in red) taking a photo of the baby.
My own youtube video of the Home Depot Tool Race,
with a special guest participant.

After rookie Chase d-Arnaud's first major league home run, his teammates gave him the silent treatment.

No comments: