Thursday, June 13, 2019

First Place

Today the Braves stand alone in first place.

Still a long way to go, but all those so called experts who spent the off season predicting gloom and doom because the Braves didn't sign several all stars to big time contracts right then - all those experts were wrong again. The lineup is stacked top to bottom, the defense is good, the bench has been productive and deep with Culbertson, Camargo, McCann or Flowers, and the surprising Joyce. The starters have become one of the best in baseball with Fried, Soroka, Keuchel, Teheran, and former all-star Folty in the fifth spot. The bullpen is stronger as well - a completely new cast than who started the year. After I wrote this Bill Shanks said the same thing.
Wednesday: watched some of the Braves but went to bed before the big comeback. Riley broke out of his slump with a triple and home run. Also scored from first on Albies' walk-off double into the gap in right center, to win the game. Soroka also knocked in some runs.
Will went to the game today. Next week I may go to the Tuesday game. Buddies Acuna (vs. Miami) and Albies (vs. Pittsburgh) have rebounded, putting up big numbers in the last two series.

Had a dream last night that Ceil and I were at a church event, being held in a gymnasium. There was a real tall lady that was nice. I realized there was a chance Don Head was at the event so I bent my head to look around the person in front of me to look for Don. Then I realized that it was Don standing right in front of me.

Wednesday: Focus group was just me in the room reading stuff on a computer, then taking a test on what I'd read, then discussed it with the moderator, who was from Detroit. Stopped by a thrift store on the way home, and got an ice cream and drink from RaceTrac.

M and C made fish tacos with spicy slaw. They would've made chicken for me. There was one fish taco covered in slaw already made so I ate that. Second time I ate fish this week, tempting fate. Haven't died yet.

Work is busy. It's go go go all day. Lots going on at home trying to trim expenses. Get home after 7 pm, and if I forget to stop somewhere on the way home to run one of numerous errands, something won't get done.

Friday the Macon Bacon are wearing Macon Peaches uniforms. I could've done a better design job.

No comments: