Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Get Your Dodger Bobbles



Took photos of my Dodgers bobbleheads in an effort to sell some. Koufax. Sutton. Hershiser. Young Lasorda. First base coach Babe Ruth. Kirk Gibson pumping his fist. Pee Wee pushing Campy in the wheelchair. UGA Alex Wood. Rick Monday saving the American flag from being burned.


After Pop Warner returned to his alma mater Colgate as head football coach, he disliked the pressure from pandering alumni and assistant coaches wanting his job. The job at Carlisle was appearing because the Indian boys were fast, smart, and eager to beat the top four schools in the country: Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Penn. In Warner’s first year they beat Penn, then later traveled to San Francisco at the end of the year on beat Cal 2-0 on Christmas Day. Granland Rice ranked them fourth in the nation.



 
I think the Billy Graham Rule is in the news because of Vice President Mike Pence, who adheres to the same rule. When it first came out several months ago that Pence never allows himself to be alone with a woman that’s not his wife, it made national news. Yet still Pence is blasted and disrespected by those who don’t agree with him. Used to be politicians worked together for the good of the country even though they were in deferent political parties, like Tip O’Neill and Ronald Reagan. No more.
 
Andy Stanley and others also follow to the same rule. Andy tries to not make a big deal about it. Harder for a lowlife like me to follow the rule 100% of the time, but not impossible.
 
Used to be “I may disagree with what you say, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it.” Now its “Not only do I disagree with what you say, but I’ll threaten you (or your career) with death to keep you from saying it.”  
 
 
Hopefully I am back to 100%. Stopped by Trader Joes on the way home for cheese. C fixed spaghetti and meat chunks with tossed salad. M ate with us. Working on that farm is wearing him out, which is good.
 
Not much on TV. Can’t remember what we watched. Some of the Braves game. Was playing on my laptop.
 
Coworker Jonathan brought in Dunkin Donuts. Since I skipped breakfast I ate one. Lunch meeting catered by Mellow Mushroom. Shouldn’t need any supper.
 
This afternoon I haven an appointment with an ear nose & throat doctor in preparation of a sleep apnea test study. Hopefully I’ll also have time to get my emissions checked.


No comments: