Saturday, July 27, 2019

Macon Bacon Game


Last night I went to the Macon Bacon game with my dad.
Sat down the right field line in the picnic area.
Dad's church had the area reserved. 
 Pregame stretching. Cheap pants. Bryce Harper wannabe.
 Guy below went to Tattnall Square Academy.
 He let me snap a close up of his bacon striped socks.
Nice sandlot for the kids,
literally in the shadow of the trains rumbling past.
 I commandeered the seat closest to the action.
 We were right next to the bullpen mounds.
Since we were in warm's way I pulled out my old glove from the trunk.
Leaned over an picked up a Coastal Plain League ball
that had rolled between two bricks.
Before we left I gave the ball to a nearby kid.
 Windup of the starting pitcher.
Note the bacon numbers.


The players all wore spikes from their college teams.
Colleges represented included Georgia Tech, Kennesaw State, Texas A&M, Indiana State, Francis Marion, Notre Dame, and many more. 

No comments: