Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Braves Royals



Let work about 2:45 Tuesday afternoon. Traffic was bad but I still got to my parking place just before 3:30. Not brutally hot on the walk up to the park. Arrived at the Chop House Gate at four and found the line pretty long, an hour and a half before gates opened. Instead found a spot in at Right Field Gate line that wasn’t too bad.
Chatted with some nice folk from Peach County, who were big fans of the movie Sandlot. He wore a t-shirt with the big dog on it, her t-shirt had Sandlot character Wendy Peffercorn. Once inside I stopped by to see usher Miss Marion, who was named Braves Employee of the Month.
Then out to left field to watch batting practice. Chatted with former coworker Chris. Stopped by the season ticket holder office, and chatted with my friend The Vet From Gwinnett. Got my free designated driver Coke Zero and traded barbs with Crazy Darrell. 
 
I try to wear a different cap, jersey, and sneakers to every game. Since the Royals were in town I wore my royal 1982 cap, road royal 1972 feather jersey, royal Braves feather socks, and white leather Puma tennis shoes. Usually I like to match the cap to the jesey but I’d already worn the 1972 cap to match my 1976 jersey. Should’ve taken my new grey Braves backpack but I’d left it at home. Took the old black Nike backpack one last time.  

Was watching for Ceil to arrive at the Chop House Gate but went back to the stands for the national anthem, smoothly sung by a country singer. That’s when Ceil’s group snuck in and headed toward their seats. The kids had never been to a Braves game, and had the time of their lives. They were thrilled doing the tomahawk chop. I had emailed our ticket rep seeing if there were tomahawks or something for the kids, but there weren’t. Sunday there were bumper stickers at the Customer Service booth, but those were gone as well. Didn’t matter to the kids.
Did you see Dallas Keuchel fall down on the mound, while backing up trying to catch a high throw back from the catcher Tyler Flowers? I think he stepped in the little hole his front foot had made. At the time I was down on field level near out company seats behind the third base dugout. Freddie Freeman was laughing at Keuchel.
I hung out in the standing room areas instead of going to my seat. Chatted with old GT BSU friend Jenny Parker as well as Ginger from Accounting, and her husband Bobblehead Scott. Met up with Ceil to meet her group (including a couple from our neighborhood) and walked them to the gate when they left. Paid one last visit to Miss Marion, then left after the 7th inning stretch.
 
Almost chilly with the breeze walking back to the car. Stopped by RaceTrac on the way home, for a free drink.  


No comments: