Friday, July 26, 2019

GT FB: in for a Long Year?

Bad news: several experts think Tech will have a rough season, transitioning from the option to a pro style offense with young players. They have a few good athletes, but not much depth. Chris Landry from www.landryfootball.com says they’ll be doing great to win three games. I thought if Paul Johnson had stayed they might’ve won ten games, though UNC and Miami are greatly improved. Mark Richt has joined the new ACC Network, and said the option could still work in college football if a school could recruit and convince elite athletes to buy into it like Oklahoma used to. Both Landry and Richt say GT’s new coach is good and on the right track.    
Watched Holy Moly. Love it. I’m not zany enough to be on that show. Was worried when the 61 year old grandmother had to ride that zip line across the water and drop on the platform. Watched the first two competitors easily land on the platform after the first few weeks of players crashing down on it with a huge thud, I think the show made an adjustment, lowering the line so it wouldn’t be so bad. I told Ceil I was signing her up for the show.
 




The crazy Holy Moly announcer Rob Riggle is also on Modern Family, as the realtor nemesis to main character Phil Dunphy. In my mind I consider myself a fun-loving Phil Dunphy type. Our old Sunday School director Drew Meadows is funny, but his sense of humor leans more toward Riggle’s character Gil Thorpe – my opposite.


I remember the other announcer Joe Tessitore from the college football games he calls. Interesting that Tessitore’s son is the kicker for Boston College.


Speaking of announcers, it was interesting to hear AM680’s college football guru Chuck Oliver say how much he likes CBS SEC football announcer Gary Danielson. Many dislike him, though I think Danielson is great as well.   

Did I tell you I have my in home sleep test scheduled for next weekend? Pick up the equipment Aug 2 and return it Aug 5, then get the results Aug 9. Oftentimes I will wake up just a minute or two before my alarm is to go off. This morning I set my alarm 30 minutes earlier than usual, and still woke up just before my alarm.

I just downloaded a sleep monitor app onto my phone and smart watch. So far I have good nights and bad nights, sometimes lots of deep sleep and sometimes not as much. Several graphs and charts showing how much sleep, how much deep sleep, how my heart rate drops during the night. Interesting stuff. Then my friend Lee shared the results from his sleep test, which had similar info.

Another good column by Denison. Two in a row.

Saw Ricky Richardson’s pictures for the peach farm trip. Didn’t see you or Edie. Lots of folk were wearing hats, I guess for the sun.

Thursday: worked past 5:30. Straight home. Chicken stir fry with cooked chopped vegetables and rice. I wasn’t too hungry because I’d been given a Honey Baked Ham crossiant sandwich. Later I’d eaten a cup of potato salad. Ceil went to bed early to read.

Got to work early as I am taking the afternoon off. Headed to Macon to meet my dad’s banker, then the Macon Bacon baseball game. His church group is going. All you can eat seats down the baseline. Burgers. Dogs. Chicken sandwiches. I’ll try a little of everything. Or a lot.

Driving back after the game. We’re moving Anna home on Saturday.

Started Patterson’s “Miracle at St. Andrews” this morning.

No comments: