Sunday, February 20, 2022

First Bite: Buc-ee's

Rode up to check out Buc-ee's Saturday morning, up I-75 between Adairsville and the Calhoun outlets. Left there with some cherry maple beef jerky, jumbo diet Mtn Dew, cinnamon roll, Buc-ee's dark chocolate covered almonds, and a jar of Buc-ee's BBQ sauce. 

A pretty cool Buc-ee's print shirt. But not for twenty five bucks. Maybe I'll stumble across one at a thrift store. 
A full line of Lodge cast iron products, which used to be made near Chattanooga. Buc-ee's probably isn't the cheapest place to buy them. 
You know its a tourist trap when they have a pressed penny machine.
Would've been a waste of money to bring this home to my coffee snobs. The Buc-ee's coffee area was larger than the soft drink station.
Plenty of interesting people passing through, 
so many that I didn't even notice these four.
Good place to catch covid.

Picked up a swimsuit for Ceil.
They also have beach umbrellas and chairs.
I know a puppy who deserves this award.
Buc-ee's has everything you need. Clothes, housewares, wine, beer, fudge, ice cream, and...
You can never have enough BBQ sauce. Decent price. No high frucose corn syrup. Fresh jerky, with no preservatives.

Always interested in Coach K and Duke games. Not gonna be the same next year. Every night I usually check to see what games are on TV.
Saw ads for this new made for cable TV movie about Magic Johnson and the Lakers, with actors playing Buss, Magic, his mom, Riley, Kareem, etc. But it is on HBO so I doubt I can see it.

Lincoln Highway was a good novel. Just finished it. Now on to Dolly Parton, Songwriter. .

I was noticing in Jere's obit that he was about 3 years behind my mother at North Fulton. I learned a bunch from reading the obit.

Left work at 520 on Tuesday and headed to small group. Stopped by Wendy's for their version of the Chickfila sandwich. About like the McDonalds version.

Wednesday morning when I went outside to go to work I almost steered the car to the golf course, since it was 45 degrees. I did get a decent amount of work done that morning.

No comments: