Saturday, February 26, 2022

Saturday Golf

Beautiful morning for golf at Candler Park, with regulars Robert and Anthony. Was a couple degrees colder than expected, but I was prepared. Anthony showed up in shorts, not wanting to wake family rooting around for warmer attire. We teed off shortly after 7 am. Hit one ball the entire round. No mulligans.

1. As usual I started slowly. Several cruddy shots. Decent six iron. Good 5 wood. As usual I chipped over the elevated green. Then an okay chip and good lag putt.
2. Thought I hit a good tee shot but it didn't go as far as I thought. Whiffed on a couple of swings, then my chip hit the fringe and stopped on the green. I think I two putted for bogey.
3. Good six iron down the hill. Long putt rolled past the hole. Missed the comebacker. Another bogey.
4. Three wood off tee sailed right. Good chip down hill onto green. Three putt. Double bogey.
5. Three wood off tee. Flubbed my first chip. Long putt across green. Three more after that.
6. Worm burner off tee. At least it was straight. Had trouble getting out of the mud. Four flubs. Finally a decent six iron. Eight iron rolled across green to the back fringe. Three putt.
7. Driver off tee. Hit it straight, halfway up the hill. Shot of the day. Decent 5 wood past the top of the hill. Might've flubbed a shot, then hit one to within chipping range. A good chip and two putt.
8. Driver off tee. Sailed right and got hung up in the third tree. Sliced a 5 wood down the hill. Flubbed a chip, then a long putt, and two more. Double bogey.
9. Three wood off tee. Didn't hit it good, but got a decent roll. Flubbed one 7 iron, then hit a nice seven across to the back of the sloping green. Terrible putt, then two more. Finished up around 8:30.

No comments: