Friday, March 17, 2023

Wearin' of the Green

St. Patrick's Day at work. Didn't wear my knee high Stance St. Patrick's socks, but I did wear green. The always pleasant Rachel passed out necklaces and decorated her boss' desk. Don't tell Angie that Rachel borrowed her stroller.

Did you fill out a bracket? My bracket predicted no upsets. I am not involved in any March Madness competition but did fill out a bracket. I have Kansas going all the way, beating Bama in the final.  I thought the baggage might hamper a team like Alabama. We have the games on the TVs we have set up here in the office, both yesterday and today. No sound. Just finished one project, but I have a couple more. Worked past 7 pm.

Long games: commercials are the culprit. On the treadmill this AM I run without sound on ESPN Sportscenter. I thought I saw something about the PGA adding a ball that doesn’t travel as far. Not sure. Seems like the players wouldn’t want 54 hole tourneys, since they’ve all been badmouthing LIV.

Author Robert Whitlow has ben recommended to me:

Book 1 Life Support, book 2 Life Everlasting

Book 1 Chosen People, book 2 Promised Land

I will have to dig into the Robert Whitlow books. Did I tell you that I am reading The Chemist, by Stephanie Meyer? Very good. Should finish by tomorrow. Back when I borrowed books from the library I sometimes read series books out of order. Not the best.

Thursday: worked past six again. Drove straight home. C cooked roast beef, asparagus, and mashed potatoes. Also a delicious wine sauce for the roast beef (and potatoes). M ate with us. Didn’t finish the dishes until almost 8:45. 

Slept 22 minutes late again this morning. Still went to the gym to run. Lots to get done today. Stopped only long enough to snap this picture. Another new low weight today. I need to keep this up. Easier to not cheat when I’m at the office. Gotta be good this next week. This morning I celebrated by eating an apple fritter.

It'll be cold tomorrow morning, but I’ll try to play golf. M is baking, and later attending a concert.  

Leo Durocher was the first manager to win 500 games for three teams: Brooklyn Dodgers, 738, New York Giants, 637, Chicago Cubs, 535. He was nicknamed for the rudest part of his anatomy: “The Lip”.

Willie Mays played professional baseball at age 14, on the same team as his father, in a town that no longer exists: Westfield, AL. Mays and his father were named for a U.S. President and a Supreme Court Chief Justice: William Howard Taft.

http://bioproj.sabr.org/bioproj.cfm?a=v&v=l&bid=388&pid=9039 )

No comments: