Thursday, April 25, 2024

Home Boy

Since Saturday afternoon I have only left the house for only 30 minutes, on Tuesday evening. I’ve worked long hours. This past weekend I cleaned up the house and cut the grass. Still it seems like I’ve been so busy. So much more to do. Yesterday after wok I hit just a few golf balls in the yard. Still a little uncomfortable. Still might play on Saturday. Gonna take it easy until C returns, then I’ll hit the gym again in May. Might just be the treadmill.

I’ve really been enjoying working at home in the quiet for a change. Usually when I’m working at home I will turn on 680 the Fan sports radio, but the morning show is so bad. So is the late afternoon show. I’ve turned those off. I do still listen to Buck Belue at 10 am, and I really love Cellini & Dimino from 11-2. Two regular guys. Dimino is an expert on baseball.

Since I ate all my soft taco shells, I started making nachos: chips, black beans, chicken or beef, cheese, and BBQ sauce. Then in the oven to heat up. So much food here to eat, in the fridge and freezer and pantry. Last night I actually cooked: bacon egg & cheese sandwiches. Still have pizza, burritos, pot stickers, spaghetti sauce, chips, cereal, smoothies, nuts, cheese & crackers, popcorn, PB&J’s, hot dogs, yogurt, and more. Chicken if I want to cook it.

Tonight I’m attending a men’s dinner at JFBC on prayer. Steak, eggs, cinnamon rolls. It’s good that I’m going, but it’s just one more thing taking me away from work.

Man when I signed up for that men’s dinner I forgot the NFL draft was tonight. It moves slow so it will be easy to catch up. Falcons won’t draft until after 915. They don’t need to draft a QB or WR or RB in the first or second round (of course they did).

Guess I’ll have to catch up on the Thursday night CBS lineup later: Young Sheldon, So What About Todd, and Elsbeth. Some Christians I know will watch shows that are so bad: murder and killings and blood and stuff. I just can’t watch that stuff. Used to be when Ceil would be away I would catch up on movies I’d missed, but I haven’t been doing that lately. Might check out a newly released romcom on Netflix.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2024/04/25/the-best-romantic-comedy-of-the-last-year-just-hit-netflix/__;!!AE29DT8V!RUuU7_wZApTbGM7vhbEAMcCoCuRFnpbwxekFIXpoFLl4oePPX8X6MtuLURV9kwgZ7Dwm2nToK4EYvrfArWs$

I am mixing drinks more these days. Not too big on mixing stuff with Coke, though sometimes I will mix in my fruit punch. And I will mix Coke Zero with Cherry Coke. It’s easier to mix almost anything with my Diet Mtn Dew: fruit punch, apple juice, etc. Reminds me: the past 2 days I forgot to drink my daily Mtn Dew. Then I went outside in the sun without a cap, and it was bright. Kinda had a headache. Drank my Dew this AM.

Yesterday Ceil lost her wallet at a museum in Paris. Drivers license, credit card, and debit card. She was despondent all day. This morning the museum called: they had found her wallet. C called me at 6 am to tell me the good news. Girl lives a charmed life. C is just so gentle and sweet. She doesn’t do things on purpose or spite or meanness. It’s just the way she is.

Ever hear the one about the guy whose wife lost her credit card. He was asked why he didn’t cancel the card. His reply: “The crook is spending less than my wife did!”.  

Article: preparing for a long-term power outage.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://endtimeheadlines.org/2024/04/this-is-why-everyone-needs-to-prepare-for-the-day-when-devastating-cyber-attacks-take-u-s-power-grids-down/__;!!AE29DT8V!Q6z8EaaKT1wofwoohgUL0wMup-J8j3SXjWsYUvup2xUkf4ZJKj7Ffsg7HfShr7fem4uzT-4IArBA7IYPcls$

Most famous local dish from each state. Georgia’s is Brunswick Stew.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.businessinsider.com/most-famous-local-dish-every-state-2020-9__;!!AE29DT8V!XHa7Sv5g_F7QJFL5-mCt5KlDnRZHzI0QMGrmoNHNhIcz9f-ahAY41gMDSr8xJ3V7WOA7j14yicAiLZ3quS4$

Denison: our relativistic culture is rejecting objective truth and morality. NPR’s new CEO Katharine Maher suspended editor Uri Berliner in response to his essay criticizing the network’s progressive bias, a move that seems to reinforce his point. When she was CEO of Wikipedia, Maher claimed that “there are many different truths” and “I’m certain that the truth exists for you. And probably for the person sitting next to you. But this may not be the same truth”. Jesus would disagree. He told his disciples, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (John 8:31–32).

https://www.denisonforum.org/daily-article/title-ix-expanded-to-include-boys-in-girls-locker-rooms/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Will%20schools%20soon%20have%20to%20open%20girls%20%20locker%20rooms%20to%20boys%3F&utm_campaign=04-25-24%20DA%20-%20Will%20schools%20soon%20have%20to%20open%20girls%20%20locker%20rooms%20to%20boys

No comments: